Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Lupulin Land Harvest Hopcoming at NABC, Friday.

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 pm

(Thanks to Robin for the okay)

Understanding full well that the following announcement doesn't at all rank with the beer selection at Bambi's, Joe's (courtesy of Velocity's beer bar list), or any of the places that LEO readers regularly vote as "best beer bar" in Kentuckiana, nevertheless I've decided to have another hop fest with 34 beers on tap, AND house-brewed favorites AND 250 bottles for grazing if none of the drafts are of interest.

Geez, why do I bother? Must be stubbornness.

So ...for the sixth time, we’ll be exceeding OSHA’s legal mandated limits on permissible IBU’s per square foot of floor space when Lupulin Land Harvest Hopcoming 2007 begins on Friday, October 19.

As during previous celebrations of the “magic cone,” Lupulin Land 2007 will offer a fine opportunity for Kentuckiana’s hopheads to unite over a pint or two of America’s hoppiest beer.

As an added attraction, this year the latest incarnation of the New Albanian Art Show will be taking place in Prost at the same time as Lupulin Land (it starts on Thursday: Oct. 18, 19 & 20).

Pop Art, anyone?

I'm currently deciding which 16 will pour on opening night. I promise they'll be hoppy. Can your beer do that?

More information here:

http://potablecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2007/10/lupulin-land-harvest-hopcoming-begins.html
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:47 pm

A quick hop fest update:

NABC's Oaktimus already is gone, along with Cumberland Matt's Red on the hand-pull.

On Wednesday, October 24, we'll have Schlafly dry-hopped American Pale Ale in the cask cabinet, and Scott will be there to talk about Schlafly and perhaps bring bottles of the brewery's APA.

When the Schlafly is gone, Jerry Gnagy's Daisycutter Organic IPA (BBC St. Matthews) will be pouring by hand pull. After that, Browning's She-Devil hopefully will be ready to go, followed eventually by BBC (Main and Clay) IPA. If there's a gap, we'll throw in a Bell's Two Hearted cask and maybe one or two of NABC's.

Next Friday, October 26, we'll have Randall the Enamel Animal rigged with Hersbrucker and ready to pour NABC Elsa Von Horizon (Imperial Pilsner). For the unitiated, Randall is a method of "dry hopping" by the glass as the beer is poured from the tap.

Thanks to everyone who made it to Lupulin Land opening weekend and the most successful New Albanian Srt Show yet. Special kudos to Kevin, Nicole and the gang for organizing the show. It was a blast.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:04 pm

wow
great art
great hops
and a few great belgians too

thanks roger

great times had by all
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699