Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Prawns, pumpkins as Beargrass farmers market wraps it up

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 am

For one week only at the Beargrass St. Matthew's Farmers Market

Freshwater Kentucky Prawns

Plus

Thanksgiving Demonstrations\Tastings
Cooking with Mary
using fresh produce and products from the Market

Plus

Pumpkins from the Great Pumpkin Caper

Only Two Weekends Remain for the Market--last week for the market is October 27, 2007
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Or Maybe not...

by Deb Hall » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 pm

Robin,

Not to disagree, but I was talking to Randy Graf of Graf's Produce today and he said there is a possibility that the Beargrass Market will continue past the 27th. He still has alot of produce (I'm getting a case of tomatoes for sauce) and with the way the weather has been, that may continue for a number of the farmers for a while, in which case the market may continue. :D

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Or Maybe not...

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:10 pm

Deb Hall wrote:I was talking to Randy Graf of Graf's Produce today and he said there is a possibility that the Beargrass Market will continue past the 27th. He still has a lot of produce (I'm getting a case of tomatoes for sauce) and with the way the weather has been, that may continue for a number of the farmers for a while, in which case the market may continue. :D

I hope so! That news release came direct and unedited from the market organizers, but hey, if the farmers can talk them into changing their mind, that's okay with me!

Right now, what I want is for these STORMS TO GO AWAY!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 pm

I hope so too! Randy has a lot of great potatoes that can't be dug now because of the wet weather (and I'm sure the others are in the same boat) , so it'd be great for all if it was extended.

Should be lots of beans and winter squash over the next couple of weeks. I'm stocking up on butternut squash- they'll keep for months in my garage.

Can't wait to try some of those local freshwater prawns- do you find that they taste different?

Deb