Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

Tossing restaurants under the bus??

by Jeff T » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 pm

There seems to be a lot of restaurant bashing going on. Including lots of details. Is this really the way this forum is supposed to be heading?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tossing restaurants under the bus??

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Jeff T wrote:There seems to be a lot of restaurant bashing going on. Including lots of details. Is this really the way this forum is supposed to be heading?

Jeff, the forum exists for the purpose of talking about local food, drink and dining, and there's certainly no rule that such discussion is limited to happy talk. Frankly, if a participant feels a need to tell a story about a problem at a local spot, I'd rather hear details than a generic "John's Diner sucks." Topics are open for discussion and spirited defense, and generally any negative commentary is met with positive responses.

I don't see a problem with that, but I feel a *whole* lot better that the new forum requires registration, and that in general I have at least a clue who the regular participants are. This tends to hold down on the kind of "drive-by shootings" that were all too common in the old forum, and I think that's a plus.
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

by Jeff T » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 pm

Thanks Robin
With respect to "drive by shooting" inference I have been an avid viewer of this forum for a long time. I have commented on many subjects under the no registration system of the past. I understand that restaurants have goods and bads and we should see both but I just thought it was getting a bit worst than usual. I will continue to be an avid supporter and contribuitor