Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Oct. 29: Culinary Costume of American Artisan Ales

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks to Robin for approving this announcement.

The best way to describe this event is that it's a catered beer dinner at Rich O's Public House, called "Culinary Costume of American Artisan Ales: A Beer & Food Pairing."

Make no mistake that Andy and Josh have done virtually all the heavy lifting for this first-ever beer dinner in Prost. This is their baby, and I'm just pleased to be a part of it. Beers are from Allagash, Jolly Pumpkin, New Glarus, Ommegang, Dogfish Head and NABC. Read on ...

---

Culinary Costume of American Artisan Ales: A Beer & Food Pairing

Rich O’s Public House (New Albany, Indiana) ... to be held in Prost, the banquet and special events area at Rich O’s, with beer commentary by Roger A. Baylor.

Monday, October 29th ~ 6:45 p.m.

$70 per person ~ all service and taxes inclusive; 3 oz pours of all the beers except the Intermezzo refresher (limited supply of that one)

Tickets are being sold in advance at Rich O’s Public House; call (812) 949-2804 and ask for Reva Hagedorn, NABC’s special event coordinator

Chef: Joshua Lehman ... Sous Chef at Le Relais Restaurant

Chef: Andrew McCabe ... Pastry Chef at Le Relais Restaurant

For complete menu details, see my blog:

http://potablecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2007/10/culinary-costume-of-american-artisan.html
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:08 am

now this sounds like fun

the best beer in town with foods from a few of the best up and coming chefs in town

sounds like a ball
hope i can make it
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:31 pm

i'm glad to see that after 2+ years of talking about it, Andy finally got off his ass and made this happen.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:36 am

let's get exicted baout this
greta beer
great food
in new albany
c'mon
life is good
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:06 pm

put this back in the mix

great beer and fantastic food at the NABC
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Hey Roger,

by David R. Pierce » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 am

How did the Culinary Costume of American Artisan Ales go over? I hope someone will post a review.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992