Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Maido open for lunch

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Maido open for lunch

by GaryF » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Toki told me last night that she is now open Mon-Fri for lunch. It is a buffet for $8.50 that includes a rice dish, a noodle dish, sushi and other items. Right now she is waiting on tables too- she said she hopes it will give her an opprotunity to get to know her guests better. And it gives us lucky eaters another choice for afternoon eating in Cresent Hill.
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

Great news

by Kevin Graves » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Great news! Maido is one of the best places to eat in the city and that is saying a lot. Their sushi and tapas-like dishes are always tasty and perfect.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:25 pm

I just wanted to add that I went to the lunch buffet today and it was fantastic. There were about 7 different sushi rolls, vegetable gyozos, a noodle dish, a fish dish, a delicious sweet potato soup, salad, and rice. Only 8.50 for the best sushi in town. I will definitely be going back next week.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:42 am

I went with my girlfriend after stashing the kids in parent's day out, and what an incredible break!

We began with kabocha squash soup. It tasted like a classic dashi broth with some sweetness from the squash and earthiness from the miso. It was perfect.

Then we had the rest of the buffet. There were tuna and salmon rolls, spicy mock crab rolls, california rolls, a fried roll with tempura shrimp, and a lovely roll with mock crab on the inside and avocado and salmon on the outside.

For hot dishes, there were vegetable noodles with a nice, gingery sauce, stir-fried rice, gyoza, and fried fish.

Everything was brought out in small batches, so it was always hot and fresh. Sometimes, not all of the dishes were there, but that made it a nice surprise when we went for refills.

I'd say at 8.50, it was positively a bargain. I usually hate buffets, but I'd go back anytime.
no avatar
User

Lindsay Prater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Louisville, KY

by Lindsay Prater » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm

I checked the buffet out on Tuesday, and I was not disappointed.

Like Eliza, I generally stay far, far away from buffets. However, as she noted, everything was kept fresh and appropriately hot or cold. For the bargain price of $8.50, I sampled several hot dishes and 6 or 7 sushi rolls. I was especially pleased to see that my personal favorite, the Serendipity roll, was included among the afternoon's offerings.

Maido was already one of my favorite dinner spots, and now it looks as though it will become a favorite lunch spot as well!
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:47 pm

I really hate not being able to have lunch in Louisville regularly...
no avatar
User

David B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:38 am

by David B » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:25 pm

Mr. Graves and I had the lunch buffet today. Everything was incredible, I think the mushroom soup was worth the diminutive price alone.
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Heads up!

by Dan L. » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:36 pm

I tried to have lunch at Maido today but the restaurant was dark when we showed up. I noticed while on the way back to work from Ray Parella's Maido was bustling. Turns out they are only open from 12:00pm-3:00pm. Looks like I will make my second approach next week.