Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Norton Commons Chinese Restaurant To Open

by Vince Yustas » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:33 pm

From the C-J update today. I'm wondering if anyone know about this; I don't remember a thread, but then again, have been having some senior moments lately.

Norton Commons Chinese restaurant to open

The Tea Station Chinese Bistro in Norton Commons will open on Wednesday, said Amy Yang, who owns the business with her husband, Paul.

The restaurant, at 9442 Norton Commons Blvd., will be the second in Norton Commons. It will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., she said. The restaurant's phone number is 423-1202.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Norton Commons Chinese Restaurant To Open

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Vince Yustas wrote:From the C-J update today. I'm wondering if anyone know about this; I don't remember a thread, but then again, have been having some senior moments lately.

Vince, there was some brief mention of this quite some time ago, around the time that Karem's opened. I'm kind of surprised they're just opening now. No clue if it's an interesting, authentic spot or a fast-food chopsticks house or something in between, but I'm keen to find out!

Assuming you don't mind, I'll fix the typo in your subject line. No extra charge!
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Opened earlier this week

by Ron Taglieri » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Ate at Karems on Wednesday and Chinese Tea Bistro was already open. Did not go in, but white tablecloths and looked like a fairly quiet place to dine.

Will try and go next week and post review.
no avatar
User

Fanny Timmer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:27 am

Norton's Chinese restaurant

by Fanny Timmer » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:32 pm

My husband and I ate there for lunch yesterday. Somehow we had missed notice of the opening, but just happened by. We ordered from the lunch menu which includes an entree, fried rice, soup and a kind of cheese wontons. Everything was very good. soup was just a touch salty for my taste, but the wontons were fresh and obviously had been freshly prepared. The proprietor checked to see how we liked our meal and assured us that no MSG was used and the food was not deep fried. We are already looking forward to our next visit.
no avatar
User

Jerry Zegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:59 pm

Norton Commons

Official opening is Wednesday, but "warmup period"

by Jerry Zegart » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:37 am

The Yang's have had many private parties and many indivduals have also dropped in for a great meal and a great time over the last few days. They have tried to open slowly to get things up to speed, but the big opening will be Wednesday the 17th.

Over the past few days I have managed to sample several fantastic entries and the Yang's personal hospitality. Service is a lot like being an invited guest in Paul and Amy's home. It is a family affair and go in with the expectation of enjoying a delicious meal with relaxed service and tremendous hospitality. Keep in mind that they are still "in preparation" for their Wednesday formal opening.

As is Karems and Gilberto Gelato, Chinese Tea Station Bistro is a lot more than just the great food. As I stopped by late Friday night, it was Karaoke time and everyone appeared to be having a great time. I couldn't stay, but I am sure that Elvis was in the room.

It is unlike any other place in Louisville and given the Yang's excellent cuisine and personal touch it is sure to be a big winner and a welcomed addition to Norton Commons and the Louisville Community. It reminded me a lot of the original Hoe Kow at Bowman Field with the entire family deeply involved in the business in every detail. My Pepper Steak even had bits of black bean which was one of my Hoe Kow favorites. The sauces are all very well prepared with great attention to detail. Everything taste so very fresh. It reminded me of a taste I hadn't experienced for 30 years in the fast food Chinese we have today all around us.

Chinese Tea Station Bistro is open for both lunch and dinner. Prices are very reasonable and they plan to be open both Saturday and Sunday and closed Monday this week. I am not sure if they will stay on the Tuesday - Sunday CLOSED Monday schedule, but for now you have a couple days to enjoy a great place before the public crowds in.

JerryZ

PS Share entries with your friends. It's a great way to sample several dishes.

PSs If you like HOT they can really heat it up! Watch out for the peppers...
no avatar
User

Wayde H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm

1st time

by Wayde H » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:59 pm

We visited Tea Station this Friday and had a hit and miss experience. The restaurant itself is very inviting and relaxing. In regards to the food, the entree that I decied on was the Sizzling Happy Family which although, nicely prepared, seemed to be a much smaller portion than I am used to at other Chinese restaurants. The dish, however, tasted excellent and was presented nicely as it was transferred onto the hot cast iron serving dish tableside. The rice that accompanied the dish was light and fluffy and very good. Now for the miss, we decided to try the Cheese wontons, and were disapointed when we tried to eat them and there seemed to be little if any filling in any of them. They were tough, slightly greasy, and as I stated, basically fried wontons with little or no filling.
We will try this restaurant again, although on the next visit we will try the combo appetizer that they had (sorry can't remember the name).
no avatar
User

Matt K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Downtown

by Matt K » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:52 pm

Personally, after the experience my partner and I had at this restaurant, I would never recommend it to anybody! The food was just god awful, I've had mall chinese food that was much better. The sauces were all bland and taste-free and the portions were quite small. We ordered the "house fried rice" and it was simply vegetable fried rice with hardly any vegetables in it and hardly looked or tasted fried! AND it was like 8 dollars! Sweet and sour pork had a taste free sauce served on the side, and my spicy szechuan beef dish had hardly any spice or taste for that matter as well.