Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New 4th St Lunch Place

no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

New 4th St Lunch Place

by Pam G » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:55 pm

There is a new addition to the lunch spots on 4th St. It is Sicilian Pizza & Pasta. It is located in between The Palace and Safiers. They have pizza, sandwiches, salads and baked pasta dishes. And they are open late for dinner. I had the Manicotti today for lunch. It was a filling and tasty lunch.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New 4th St Lunch Place

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Pam G wrote:There is a new addition to the lunch spots on 4th St. It is Sicilian Pizza & Pasta. It is located in between The Palace and Safiers. They have pizza, sandwiches, salads and baked pasta dishes. And they are open late for dinner. I had the Manicotti today for lunch. It was a filling and tasty lunch.

Pam, I've been watching that place, since it's right across from LEO. Did you happen to nogice if the pizza is actually Sicilian-style (served in squares, deep-dish, but not as deep as Chicago), or if "Sicilian" is just a name for the place but doesn't really signal regional cuisine?
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Pizza

by Pam G » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:15 pm

Did you happen to nogice if the pizza is actually Sicilian-style (served in squares, deep-dish, but not as deep as Chicago), or if "Sicilian" is just a name for the place but doesn't really signal regional cuisine?

It is just regular ol' pizza crust. No squares or deep dish. But they do make their own dough.
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 pm

Got a pizza for dinner. Website is http://www.sicilianpizzapasta.com -- they offer online ordering. We were told that the current hours are 10a -- roughly 10p, and they may stay open until midnight weeknights and later on weekends if all goes well. They deliver in their general vicinity. They have some pretty good coupon deals right now (check the online menu).

The pizza was good -- a 16" thin-crust pie with a sweet-but-not-too-sweet sauce. Very much what you can get in every town in South Jersey/Philly, not that I'm claiming the owner is from there or anything. A nice alternative to Papa Johns if I want pizza for dinner -- or heck, any casual, quick dinner downtown, since everything else closes by 6 or 7 pm.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 am

I had the pizza sub the other day for lunch and it was yummy. I liked the sauce - not too sweet and it was warm and toasty. A couple of the other people here at work like the baked ziti. One bad thing, as of Monday they still weren't set up to take credit cards. I hope this has changed (or will change soon).
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Credit Cards

by Pam G » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am

They take credit cards now. When we went to lunch yesterday, some people paid with their credit card.
no avatar
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 am

Ate there last night - LOVED IT!

Pizza was outstanding (not sicilian style...but tasty nonetheless).
Garlic bread was even better (crusty and fluffy inside).
The marinara for the bread was incredible.
Cannoli was excellent.

The guy said they deliver in the vicinity and to UofL. He also mentioned being opened extended hours (~3-ish?) on, I think, Thurs-Sat.

My only complaint is no fountain drinks.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Hours

by TanyaD » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:36 pm

I know the hours posted say they open at 10am, but a friend of mine went there twice last week at around 10:20am and no one was there yet! Just might want to call before you head over there around 10am.

I liked the pizza--nothing spectacular IMO, but good. The staff was also very friendly.
no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

New 4th St. Lunch Place

by John T » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:58 pm

While you are in that area ,don't forget Theater Square Deli . We offer fresh, and sometimes inventive, salads, homemade soups, and great sandwiches and wraps. We have daily special salads and sandwiches in addition to our regular menu. Give us a try !!!

John Theobald
Chef / Owner
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:12 pm

Some friends who worked late in the Aegon Center got a delivery that they ordered at 7:30 PM. It arrived within 45 mins. They say the salads were not spectacular but perfectly acceptable, and the pizza was excellent. A definite need at that hour. The sub shop that was going to be staying open late in the Aegon Center doesn't anymore. Hopefully, this place will catch some of the 4th Street clientele and maintain their later hours. There is a delievery minimum. I think it's 9.99. Anyway, a small pizza or two salads meets it (not counting drinks).
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Re: New 4th St. Lunch Place

by Vince Yustas » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:13 pm

John T wrote:While you are in that area ,don't forget Theater Square Deli .

What are your weekday hours?
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Hours

by TanyaD » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:47 am

According to their menu, they are open 8am-3pm Mon-Fri.
no avatar
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

11am to midnight

by jpdurbin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:05 pm

BTW, tried a few of their zas... nice.. i will be a repeat costumer...
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com