Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Hurry up Park Place!

no avatar
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Hurry up Park Place!

by Lisa Stephenson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Anyone know when Park Place will re-open?

We had a disappointing experience at Browning's that was blamed on Park Place! We were told that, because Browning's does not have access to the wine cellar during the refurbishment process at Park Place, all that Browning's could offer in wine selection was Fetzer!! Uckk! (Ya, I know...I don't drink beer).

I thought this predicament was rather strange because when we have dined at Browning's before, our wine selection usually runs toward an Australian Shiraz with a screw cap!! I had no idea that a wine like this would be "cellared" at Park Place! Poor planning in my mind!

Ok, so Browning's great pommes frittes eventually helped to get me out of my Fetzer funk!
no avatar
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:08 pm

They sell wine at Browning's?
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:11 pm

I could understand the post if you were going to a restaurant that is known for wine. You went to a local micro brewery and complained about the wine availability? I think that is a bit over the top. I would think that any of our micro brews would have similar situations. Rich Baylor, any comment?
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

ya ya,settle down!

by Lisa Stephenson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Kurt, I would agree with you if it were another place! BUT, Browning's has historically offered many great wines on the back side of their usual menu. This time, the wines were missing. It was quite shocking, that's all. Yes, it's quite possible that I am the only person that orders wine there. But, somehow I doubt it.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:34 pm

It is my understanding that Park Place reopened tonight.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:04 am

Just to clarify, I meant my comment as an endorsement of the great beer at Browning's. It wasn't meant to disparage their wine list or anyone who orders wine there.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:42 pm

The reopening reception is Thursday 10/11 from 5:30-7:30pm

$35 per person reservations required

502-515-0172

GM is Susan Friedrich
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.