Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tuscany Italian Restaurant

no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Tuscany Italian Restaurant

by TanyaD » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:24 pm

I ate lunch there on Friday, and it was great! I had the baked spaghetti, which I thought was quite good. The spaghetti was cooked perfectly. I also had a house salad, which came with many vegetables (tom, cuc, green peppers, black olives, parm cheese), and the dressing was chunky and tasted very fresh (blue cheese). Plus, they gave me a free order of garlic bread and marinara! I will definitely be going back, as there are many great menu selections.
no avatar
User

Sara Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Jeffersontown

Location??

by Sara Boyle » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 pm

Where is this restaurant located?? Local?

Thanks

Sara
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:14 pm

It's in the corner of a strip mall located next to the new Wal-Mart on the Outer Loop, right near New Cut Rd.
no avatar
User

Sara Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Jeffersontown

Location?

by Sara Boyle » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:34 pm

OH, did you mean Tuscano's ? I'm not trying to be condisending. (sp)

4100 Preston Hwy

Thanks

Sara
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by TanyaD » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Nope, that's definitely another restaurant. I can't find the exact address, but the address to the Wal-Mart next to it is 175 Outer Loop. Hope that helps!
no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 pm

I just noticed this place today, while I was working. I'll have to stop in sometime.
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:57 pm

Hubby and I ate there for a weekday lunch a couple of weeks ago, and were both very pleased. Would have reported sooner, but it was the week before an out-of-town adventure. Anyway, the atmosphere is casual, and what I would call rather sparse, but still warm and comfortable. Our first surprise was the complimentary bread with marinara. It was more like bread sticks - a light herbed dough baked and cut into strips, topped with parmesian and served with a surprisingly flavorful and fresh-tasting marinara. Olive oild would have been a nice option, but the marinara was very tasty, and had me looking forward to a baked pasta I had been craving. (we didn't get a queso/cheese dipping option as ? reported)

The menu is quite large, and I didn't have time to review it all, and as I said, was craving a more classic baked pasta dish. Hubby ordered the meat manacotti bake, and I got the ravioli bake. What we both found unusual about these dishes is that they were both served over spaghetti. I can't remember getting baked manacotti or ravioli over spaghetti. I thought it would be overkill on the pasta, and it was close, but I still ended up eating most of it before the day was over! (I did ask for more sauce for mine as it was a bit light on the spaghetti edges, although hubby's was not)

They have several dishes that looked interesting at a glance, but I didn't have enough time to study the menu, and they didn't yet have carry out menus. But they have several chicken and veal dishes such as marsala, francese (sp?), etc. They also have a seafood section on the menu that I didn't get to read.

We were there for lunch, so I didn't ask, but I didn't see a wine list. Not sure if they have a liquor license, or if one is pending? For an Italian dinner, I would definitely prefer a glass of wine. But we found the flavors very good, menu seemed to have a lot to offer. One meal of similar dishes isn't enough for me to call this a destination restaurant, but if you're in the area and want good Italian, I would highly recommend it.