Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving buffets

no avatar
User

Danielle D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 am

Thanksgiving buffets

by Danielle D » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 am

Does anyone know of a restaurant doing a Thanksgiving buffet? I was hoping Limestone would have one but they are closed. That is the type of place I'm looking for - not a hotel preferably.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 am

John E's does one.
no avatar
User

Danielle D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 am

by Danielle D » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 am

Where is that (I'm from Lexington)? And have you been there - what's it like, do they have a big selection, good quality, etc?
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am

Out Bardstown Road near Buchel. It is sort of a steakhouse place known for traditional foods like pork chops, steaks, fried chicken. It's been around for a long time. I went to the buffet many years ago, and it was good as I recall. Nothing fancy or amazing, but good solid t-giving fare.
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:57 pm

I believe Churchill Downs does a Thanksgiving buffet.
no avatar
User

Lynnie B

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:46 pm

San Francisco

Galt House??

by Lynnie B » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:30 pm

hi
I am also looking for recommendations for a Thanksgiving buffet. I am not opposed to a hotel, mainly interested in good food in a classy but not too fancy setting.

I'm visiting and not that familiar with restaurants there but someone recommended the Galt House. Their menu sounds good, traditional and non-traditional foods. Setting sounds nice, overlooking the river. How does food compare to John E's and Churchill Downs? I'll take good food over setting.
Thanks
Lynnie B
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Even though it is a motel, the Holiday Inn in Clarksville (at Exit 1 next to the Derby Dinner Playhouse) is having one. I have not been to their Thanksgiving buffet, but I have been to two others and both were excellent (and economical).

And if you want to go for the best, here's the info from The Brown:

Thursday, November 23, 2007: Thanksgiving in the English Grill

Reserve your table today for this Louisville tradition. Let Chef Géroli and his talented staff prepare your Thanksgiving dinner, which includes a 3-course turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Additionally, a beef or fish entrée will be available. A lavish Appetizer Buffet, as well as a decadent Viennese Dessert Display will welcome guests in the Grand Lobby. There will be two dinner seating times at 12:30-12:45 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. and again at 3:30-3:45 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Thanksgiving dinner cost is $55 per person, children under 12 are half-price. Tax and gratuity are additional. A credit card is required to hold tables of 6 or more. Reserve a table for your family by calling 502-736-2996.

Also available at The Brown, a family-friendly Thanksgiving Day Buffet Feast in J.Graham’s Café, located on the first floor of the Hotel. This buffet will feature all the traditional favorites. Buffet cost is $30 per person, half-price for children 12 and under, and complimentary for those 4 years and younger. Tax and gratuity are not included. Buffet seating will be from 12:30-1:00 p.m. and 2:30-3:00 p.m. Please call 502-583-1234, extension 7225, for reservations.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:49 pm

We are doing a brunch buffet at Captain's Quarters from 10-6 and also a cruise on the CQ Princess departing at 1:30. The price is 21.95 for adults and 15.95 for children. 228-1651
User

Scott Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:36 am

Floyds Knobs, IN

by Scott Robinson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:33 pm

We are planning a 'traditional' Thanksgiving dinner, buffet style @ Stratto's. We havn't worked out all the kinks yet but I will post more info once we iron it out.

Pricing will be $15 per adult, $7.50 per child 6-12 and free for kids under 6 years old!
-Always looking for the perfect spot for Football, Cold Beer and Great Food!