Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity avoids Wrath of Khan at Shah's Mongolian Grill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 am

Lisa Hornung takes Velocity's "Two for $30" column to Shah's Mongolian Grill in Jeffersontown this week and gets out for under $20, not counting generous tips. This little spot, long known as 2 Hahns until an ownership change last year, really is a good food value and makes a fun alternative, although when I'm in this big shopping center at Hurstbourne and Taylorsville (near Stony Brook), I do find it awfully hard to bypass Sala Thai to go here.

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070314/VELOCITY01/703141051/1065]<B>Two for $30</b>
Avoid the wrath of Khan at this spicy Mongolian grill[/url]

<B>Shah's Mongolian Grill</b>
9148 Taylorsville Road
(502) 493-0234
www.shahsmongoliangrill.com
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:50 am

That headline is awful.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Awful headline.

by Doogy R » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:10 pm

John R. wrote:That headline is awful.

You must not be a Trekkie. :D

If Gene said that, it's good enough for me. Note my edit.
Last edited by Doogy R on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Trekkie is the only term daddy Roddenberry acknowledged so I can't be a Trekker. I believe his reply was "Excuse me, did you say 'Trekker?' The word is 'Trekkie.' I should know, I created them." :lol:

Besides that her headline is ....what's the word I am looking for to describe it.....Oh, TRITE. It is also misleading.

I love to count how many times she uses the word yummy. She has cut back as of late. Her work always brings great joy to my weekly schedule. The Velocity in general, really. Blows my mind how they expect readers to take their writers serious. I am under the impression that they hire straight out of middle school.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

Mongolian Grill

by Neal M » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:53 pm

I fell for Mongolian BBQ years ago in Dallas where there were several. I was pleasantly surprised to find one here and despite the fact that they have "Kentuckyfied" it for the all you can eat crowd, they do a pretty good job. It cracks me up that they have noodles (never seen that before at a Mongolian place) but do not serve pancakes which from what I understand (and the way I enjoy it) is the traditional way to eat it. The new owners will serve pancakes on request but they are actually flour tortillas (I got a laugh out of that). All in all though it's a pretty good spread with a good selecton of usually fresh ingredients and they do have an above average selection of sauces. It does kill me though to watch the typical "all you can eater" pile their dishes to the brim with every ingredient available rather than make several trips creating a different dish each time.

The new owners have added a Korean menu as well but I don't think too many people go for it.
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 pm

Are you saying they "Kentuckyfied" it by making it all you can eat? And it's "hilarious" that they serve it with noodles?

Every mongolian grill place I've ever been to, both in and out of state, has been all you can eat (or at least had that option) and used noodles.

On another note...

I did finally try the Korean menu last time I went. It's not bad but when I want Korean I'll go somewhere else. It was hard enough prying myself away from the bar on the last visit, and I'll be sticking to that in the future.