Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rod R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 pm

What did you think of this years Taste Of Louisville?

by Rod R » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:00 pm

What did you think of this years Taste Of Louisville?

Very interested in seeking what people who went thought of the Vendors.

I am one so very interested in comments

no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

by Jeff T » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:33 pm

I thought there were a lot less food booths than in years past.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 pm

I mentioned this on the other thread but wanted to add something. The Taste was started in 1975 as a fundraiser for JCC's culinary program. My brother was in that class as were several outstanding chefs including Eddie Garber. The students prepared food, did ice carvings, etc. Louisville's best restaurants were represented and nearly all men were in black tie and ladies in cocktail dresses. I hardly missed a year when they held it at Executive West . The last year for it there was 1998. The next year, they moved it to the Olmstead. I hate to trash the O, cause I work there often and they are lovely, but it's simply too small. The rooms are too crowded and HOT. While i think a charity event is a good thing, I don't think they should have sold out on the "Taste". I wish someone would restore it to its glory. Same goes for the Taste of Derby. It wasn't overly crowded at the Palace, but now at Slugger Field it's elbow to elbow and not as much fun.