Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Seviche

by Kris Billiter » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:04 pm

My wife and I are going to Seviche tomorrow night for the first time. We are so excited. We haven't been out on a real live date in a 3 months! Anyway, she is a huge seafood fan so I 'm sure she will be overwhelmed with her options. Me, I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I do see they have two steak dishes on the menu. So what are your favorites there? Any recommendations? Thanks for any help!

Kris
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Get the Churrascos de Argentina. Its delicious- i get it almost every weekend and still end up craving it!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:12 pm

maybe we should combine all of these different seviche threads into one?
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Advanced Search

by Deb Hall » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:10 pm

Kris,

Another version of Ron's suggestion: if you do an advanced search on the site on "seviche" you should get a list of all the older Seviche posts, many of which includes raves about specific foods ordered at Seviche.

Have a great night out! We REALLY understand what a treat that is when you have small kids.

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:maybe we should combine all of these different seviche threads into one?

For the record, the forum software allows me to split a thread into more than one, but it does not support "gluing" several threads into one.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Dinner Reservation

by TanyaD » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Did you make a reservation? If not, I would highly recommend it!
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Seviche

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:36 pm

Kris Billiter wrote:My wife and I are going to Seviche tomorrow night for the first time. We are so excited. We haven't been out on a real live date in a 3 months! Anyway, she is a huge seafood fan so I 'm sure she will be overwhelmed with her options. Me, I am more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I do see they have two steak dishes on the menu. So what are your favorites there? Any recommendations? Thanks for any help!

Kris

I have been there. Read the menu for description and I don't believe you can go wrong on any of the dishes offered.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm with Madi.....the Churrascos de Argentina is fabulous!!!!
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey kris! I got your e-mail and I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family. Say hello when you are in, and I'll give you some direction on the menu. Muchas gracias y buen provecho!
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:54 pm

Anthony's Hamachi Tiradito is by far the one dish in town i crave.

I don't find time to eat out a lot, but i try to sit down at the bar at Seviche every so often... and if it's on the menu... I can't ever resist it.
...That and a Cadillac margarita.

mmmm.

forget sushi.
seviche/ceviche/cebiche is the new black.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

So we went Friday night and...

by Kris Billiter » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 am

it was unbelievable! Seriously this was the best meal I had in a long time, perhaps ever. Before I get into the specifics, let me say what a wonderful staff you have Chef Lamas. Madi made us feel welcome right from the get go. Jackie took the time to stop by and say hello and explain that our server (Shelly?) was training for the new location. I must say that if she had not told us that, we would not have had any idea she was new. She was very polite, very knowledgeable of the menu, answered any questions we had, allowed for a great pace to the meal, and was always around when we needed something without ever hovering. She did a great job! We also appreciated having the opportunity to meet Chef Lamas and having him explain some of the dishes to us. It was great!

We started off with the calamari app. I LOVE calamari and this really was the best I had ever had. Every piece was so tender! Chef Lamas mentioned that marinading the calamari helped to keep it so tender, and I would love to know what the marinade was. It was served with plenty of olives, peppers and two dipping sauces that were both really good.

We skipped salads and moved on to our main course. My wife had the blue corn dusted tilapia with crab meat and rice. My wife really enjoys fish after living in the Philippines for two years, and she went on and on about how good her dish was. The tomato butter sauce was a great touch and made for a beautiful presentation. After plenty of advice (thanks everyone) I went for the skirt steak, and it lived up to the hype. The steak arrived rolled up,resting on a bed of potatoes and drizzled with a fantastic chimichuri sauce. It was perfectly cooked and had a fantastic flavor. It was my first experience with skirt steak, but it will not be my last, especially if I can find someone around here who will sell it without saying "Oh, it's the same thing as flank steak."

We finished the night with the tres leche cake based on Shelly's recommendation, and once again we were steered in the right direction. Chef Lamas said it was his mother's recipe and was very simple, but man was it good. It was so moist and and flavorful! It was served with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries and was more than enough for the two of us, though we did manage to finish it all!

We do not eat out like this very often, but this was worth every penny. The atmosphere was perfect and the food and service were out of this world. Thank you again to Chef Lamas, Jackie, Shelly, and Madi for making our night out such a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Kris
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:23 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kris. You've made my week, and with the new location opening so soon, I can use a pat on the back for the way we're keeping it together here. Anthony has been trying to make it to b-town rd as often as possible but his time is precious and it's really important to us all that we have a solid team to keep up the public expectations in his absence. I'll print this out and post it in the kitchen where everyone can see. It's like a present.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Yay! im so glad you enjoyed your night out! It was great getting to meet you and your wife. Hope to see you again soon!

...and good choice with the skirt steak. Mmm, chimichurri :wink:
no avatar
User

Danielle D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 am

by Danielle D » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:55 pm

What's this new restaurant everyone is referring to? I'm sure it was probably mentioned on a previous Seviche thread, but I didn't see it as I skimmed through. What, when, where?
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:18 pm

Seviche - A Latin Bistro located at 2929 Goose Creek Road, near Springhurst. Slight changes to the menu to incorporate a French influence to some of the dishes. We plan on opening next weekend.
Next