Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Has anyone been to Japonais in Chicago?

by Luca B » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Business trip in a couple of weeks, the group is going to Japonais the first night. Was wondering if anyone has been and their thoughts. Their website looks nice.
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

by Christian Dreisbach » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:52 pm

It's great- try the branca!
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

japonaise

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:11 pm

great sushi . . . Zagat gives it a 24/food 26/decor 20/service $58, and I'd say that's pretty close.

They also talk about innovative cuisine, dazzling decor, and a crowd known for "eye candy" (since you're paying for the chic atmosphere)

There's better sushi in town, but this is the current "in" place
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:22 pm

:D Went there last summer while in Chicago. Not a sushi fan but the 7 Spice Kobe Beef Ribeye was great... :D
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm

robert szappanos wrote::D Went there last summer while in Chicago. Not a sushi fan but the 7 Spice Kobe Beef Ribeye was great... :D

Did they cook it well done for you?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:30 pm

They did and there was no LIP form the Chef...and by the way it was still tender and juicy....I guess that they look at it this way...Who pays our salary....The people that eat there do.....If we don't take care of them...They will not return.... :o
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 pm

robert szappanos wrote:They did and there was no LIP form the Chef...and by the way it was still tender and juicy....I guess that they look at it this way...Who pays our salary....The people that eat there do.....If we don't take care of them...They will not return.... :o
quote="robert szappanos"]They did and there was no LIP form the Chef...and by the way it was still tender and juicy....I guess that they look at it this way...Who pays our salary....The people that eat there do.....If we don't take care of them...They will not return.... :o[/quote]

Good ... I personaly don't want a well done steak, but I see no reason why people complain that you do. It is your preference.

I have no idea why some of the people on this board want to gripe about what you want.

Some people like Bud Lite, some don't. Some like well done steaks. Some don't.

I don't understand why some seem to look down on the folks that don't agree with them.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:00 pm

I look at it this way....Happy Customer=Money+Return to Eat again=More Money=Making money=Paying my salary=Having Money=Spending Money=Having a job=Living..... :lol: