Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Martini Italian Bistro...

no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Martini Italian Bistro...

by Rob_DeLessio » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:51 pm

Word on the street is that Jim Davis, the GM of Martini Italian Bistro, is going to buy the restaurant from it's parent company (Cameron Mitchell Restaurants). He plans on taking things up another notch, while still maintaining one of the best social atmospheres around. When this happens we all need to frequent often, as it will be a "transplanted" Louisville Original then.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:43 am

This is interesting development. I've noticed that among all of the Cameron Mitchell properties, Martini's Italian Bistro seems to be the most sluggish in terms of new openings and expansion. I wonder if that is due to the heavy competition in the "Italian" food market with the likes of Carraba's, Mangiano's, Buca's, Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, Brio, Amerigo, etc. I am not surprised that Mr. Mitchell would start selling some of the stores back to the franchise owner or a new investor.
no avatar
User

Bradley C. Pearce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Louisville, Ky

by Bradley C. Pearce » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:27 pm

I wish Cameron would bring 'Cap City' down here. Upscale 50's diner, very cool.
no avatar
User

Bradley C. Pearce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Louisville, Ky

by Bradley C. Pearce » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:30 pm

I wish Cameron would bring 'Cap City' down here. Upscale 50's era diner, very cool. It's also where I cut my teeth as a young lad in my OSU days.
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 pm

He actually is looking to sell all of his Fish Markets, most likely to Ruth's Chris.....he will not be opening anything else in the Louisville market anytime soon.
no avatar
User

ShaneMcD

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Cap City!!!

by ShaneMcD » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:40 pm

Oh yeah, Cap City is great! I eat at the diner whenever I'm in C-bus...Go Bucks!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Martini's Italian Bistro.

by Doogy R » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Rob_DeLessio wrote:Word on the street is that Jim Davis, the GM of Martini Italian Bistro, is going to buy the restaurant from it's parent company (Cameron Mitchell Restaurants).

It would seem as though the local Martini's is about to become locally owned.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... 4/80215035
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07 pm

Despite the "chain" connection, I have always enjoyed Martini's Bistro for a quick and casual bite. We live close to the Summit so it has been a fall-back for quite a while. The chance that it will become locally owned is exciting...especially if he does "take it up", so to speak.

I love their house salad dressing BTW.