Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:02 am

robert szappanos wrote:I was trying to download your menu and it gets only to page 2 and then stops......Are you having a problem with it??
Why, pray tell, would you be trying to download my menu when it might just look different than Longhorn Steakhouse. Are you just curious? Maybe you are being tempted by the dark side of the force?? So you know, I don't have the giant budget of those un-remarkable chains so I have to make do with what I have. If you are really interested in dining with us, I would be happy to e-mail or fax you my menus at your request.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 am

I thought that the question was simple....Unlike what you may think i do eat at both places.....I would think that your website's menu would work or is it my PC. If it is yours email me one.... :lol:
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Menu.

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:22 am

I checked out the menu and it's a quite large 48 megabyte pdf file. Once it loaded, I was able to look at it. Dave, you may want to ask your website host to find a better way to put your menu online. Just a suggestion. :D
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:39 am

I've offered to help Dave with the Bistro's web site. I have two nice .jpg illustrations. One shows the brewing equipment at NABC and reads "These Machines Kill Fascists."

The other is "Death to Chains."

It's all about street cred.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:45 am

The other...well i guess that not to many people are reading that one or if they are....they just laugh and go out to eat.... :roll:
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Menu.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:46 am

Doogy R wrote:I checked out the menu and it's a quite large 48 megabyte pdf file. Once it loaded, I was able to look at it. Dave, you may want to ask your website host to find a better way to put your menu online. Just a suggestion. :D
I'm in the process of changing my website (48 megs is insane at best) Obviously, the maroons that are at the helm don't know how to compress files??!! Got dudes on it.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:00 am

robert szappanos wrote:The other...well i guess that not to many people are reading that one or if they are....they just laugh and go out to eat.... :roll:
"Meek and obedient we follow the leader down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel".........Or...........my personal favorite..........."wave upon wave of demented avengers run cheerfully out of obscurity into the drain" Sheep.........Where are you Robert and what do you stand for?
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:53 pm

I begin to feel as if I'm an innocent bystander at the charge of the light brigade whenever the chain wars are revived. But hey, if we're going to start interpolating poetry, cool!

Anyway, that's not why I'm piping up here....

David, you might check out Go Daddy for your web site. Once I got all the damned stuff plugged in and up and running, it's easy maintenance and I'm thinking it'll allow you more to work with than you currently have.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp

And for illustrative purposes and shameless self promotion, see the link below to my web site:
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks for the input! I have a dude coming Monday to reconstruct the debachle that is our website. If he fails to deliver, I will look into it. By the way, those lines are courtesy of Pink Floyd-Animals circa 77'(quite possibly their best album) but rather appropriate for Robert et al.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:01 pm

Pink Floyd, the Tennysons of our age. Who'da thunk? :)

Will you be in the restaurant Wednesday afternoon? May I drop by?
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

That's some bakery.

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Next time we're up your way ...
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:23 pm

I must admit David...You must have a huge chip on your shoulder.....I wont stup to your level and make personel attacks on people....I will leave it at FOOD.....Your comments say ALOT....about you :cry:
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 pm

robert szappanos wrote:I must admit David...You must have a huge chip on your shoulder.....I wont stup to your level and make personel attacks on people....I will leave it at FOOD.....Your comments say ALOT....about you :cry:
My comments should not be taken as a personal attack on you Robert, rather your propensity to constantly beat the "well done" and "chain" dead horse as a means of getting some personal satisfaction or attention. It is a pity that I always seem to bite at your carrot,(though I do try to steer away...) but then again, I'm never one to sit on my hands. If my comments do say a lot about me then GREAT!! Your's do as well and you should be mindful of that...... As for a huge chip on my shoulder..........Ah.........No......though I do tend to detest people who value the lowest common denominator and the Walmart mentality in general, but that, of course, is not you.......
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:58 pm

C. Devlin wrote:Pink Floyd, the Tennysons of our age. Who'da thunk? :)

Will you be in the restaurant Wednesday afternoon? May I drop by?
Yep, I live here. Love to meet you!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Like i said...You do have a huge chip on your shoulder....By the way Do you want to know why I wanted to look at you menu? Me and two ther people will be in Downtown New Albany on Wednesday and I was thinking of trying your place with my friends....It looks nice on your WebSite....But I really have no interest in stopping by for lunch anymore.....PS I know a lot of fine people that work at places like Target and Wal-Mart.....and at Chains.....They are people also making a living and spending money in this city. But I do not think that you would understand that.....Maybe a little "CHURCHING" might help you out to get your bitterness out of you about other people.....I could only hope.... :(
PreviousNext