Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Jack Fry's

User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

Jack Fry's

by Jessica Devine » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Jack Fry's is always our first choice for my birthday and our anniversary. We've had the pleasure of sitting in Liz's section twice now and we will request her in the future. Like I've said before, I'm a little picky. Liz and the kitchen were able to accomodate me with no problems. Liz is tentative and friendly and I hope her managers know how valuable she is.

I started with the tomato and artichoke soup off the lunch menu and my boyfriend had the fried oysters. Both were delicious. Doug didn't stop talking about the oysters all weekend--every person we encountered heard about them. We both ordered the filet and they were perfect, as usual. Caramel Creme Brulee with a birthday candle was the perfect ending to a delcious meal. The lovely Victoria at the bar sent us two glasses of champagne which made me feel so special on my birthday.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:18 pm

My husbund got a nice gift certificate from work for Jack Fry's. We're looking forward to using it, but I'm afraid it's one of those places that isn't very friendly to toddlers.

With no family in the area, we don't get to eat out nearly as much as we used to. Maybe around the holidays...
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:18 pm

We ate at Jack Fry's when my kids were younger. I wouldn't call it kid friendly, but they aren't against kids either. I would suggest if dining with your toddler to dine early and on a week night. It will be less crowded and less distraction for your toddler. I would not pass up the opportunity to dine at Jack Fry's, the food is fabulous!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Kurt R. wrote:We ate at Jack Fry's when my kids were younger. I wouldn't call it kid friendly, but they aren't against kids either. I would suggest if dining with your toddler to dine early and on a week night. It will be less crowded and less distraction for your toddler. I would not pass up the opportunity to dine at Jack Fry's, the food is fabulous!

That's a good plan. It's been a long time since I've eaten there, but I remember really enjoying it.

Especially with a GC burning a hole in our pockets. :)
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

by Sherrie G » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 pm

My husband and a few of his business associates ate at Jack's recently. On Heather Y's recommendation, he ordered the date appetizer. Hubby says everyone tried it and said it was very good. He also said everyone really enjoyed their meals. One of the guys ordered the steak, and according to my husband, he declared it the best he's ever had.

For me, the best news to come from his dining experience is that it was good enough to get him drooling for more. And I'll get to go on his next trip there. Can't wait.

(Heather, thanks for the date recommendation. Since hubby's a tuna guy, and not a pork guy, he skipped your pork chop recommendation. I'll have to try it when we go.)

On a side note, I clicked on "Save as draft" but don't know how to access it... if someone could let me know what I'm missing (how to delete the draft) I'd appreciate it.
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:39 am

Sherrie G wrote:On a side note, I clicked on "Save as draft" but don't know how to access it... if someone could let me know what I'm missing (how to delete the draft) I'd appreciate it.

On the main forum page (the one listing all the individual forums) there will be three options on the right hand side of your browser, just above the "Last Post" column, are three options, the middle of which is "View your drafts and topics you have posted to."
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

by Sherrie G » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Aaron Newton wrote:
Sherrie G wrote:On a side note, I clicked on "Save as draft" but don't know how to access it... if someone could let me know what I'm missing (how to delete the draft) I'd appreciate it.

On the main forum page (the one listing all the individual forums) there will be three options on the right hand side of your browser, just above the "Last Post" column, are three options, the middle of which is "View your drafts and topics you have posted to."

Ah, HA! Thanks, Aaron. I just knew it was lurking out there somewhere.
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

by Tina Marsh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 pm

I've never been, but always wanted to try this place. Guess I have no excuse now that I've been reminded of the great food at Jack Fry's.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am

I went to Jack Fry's last night for the first time in way too long. It was firing on all cylinders. The menu was full of familiar favorites with a couple of new additions. The wine list was improved with the addition of more affordable selections and less mass-market plonk. We had the shrimp and grits, pork chop, John Dory fish special, and the veal loin. All were superb. For dessert I had the apple cobbler. I can't go there without having the cobbler du jour. The place was pleasantly full at 8 pm with a festive vibe in the room. Service by the lovely Diane was excellent as always. I like this place.
no avatar
User

John Lisherness

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The Highlands

Late night splits

by John Lisherness » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:43 pm

I've got to chime in on the praise lavished on Jack Fry's.
One thing they do nicely is split a main course late at night.
Both my wife and I travel for work and often one of us comes home on a late flight.
10:00 -11:00 feels a bit late for a big meal so we often ask for a split on a main course. The kitchen always deftly adds more sides and makes two beautiful, complete, yet scaled-down main courses.
Even though we come in late and do a split, the staff never acts put-out or rushes us; in fact, they greet us like old friends. Some servers, knowing our routine, even ask which one of us is coming in and from where.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

by Solomon Gayman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:36 pm

I went there thursday night for the first time with some friends and they had the best date (fruit) appetizer with goat cheese wrapped in bacon. Fried oysters were amazing. Dim ambient atmosphere made my lamb chops even more amazing. That pianist was amazing as well!