Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

It's Pumpkin Time!!!! AGAIN!!!!

by Tim Y » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am

Halloween is my fav holiday, and is "big time" for the bars and restaurants. I have a cool technique for carving pumpkins that I have been perfecting for 15 years. And yes, I started with the little saw kit. :wink: I want to do more "on site" demonstrations and interact with with your customers. I don't need much room, but it has to be outside, and I need electricity. I have 1000's of patterns to choose from. I usually start carving on the 1st, and with proper handling have been able to keep them for 3 weeks. So get yours in early!!! I will come to you, set up, carve a couple of pumpkins, and it only costs you the electricity. You don't have to buy anything 8) . But I am a big practitioner of the barter system. :D I pay my dentist in pumpkins for my annual cleaning. :D I would like to start scheduling "gigs" ASAP. The first 3 weeks of the month are best for me to do this. It can be a fun afternoon type of thing, or nighttime, your choice. Just give me a call at (502) 608-8321 to book a time. Thanks, Tim "the pumpkin man" Yunker PS I forgot to tell Robin about this when I asked him if I could post this here, ( he said it sounded like fun ) but I even have a line on local pumpkins!! Just don't hold me to it though, as I have not seen them yet. UPDATE.... It is a new season!!! I look forward to this all year long. :D I am going to be working with the folks out at Iroquois park on their big display so I have limited time to do any off-site gigs, but give me a call and maybe we can set something up. Prices are up, but I am always open for negotiations. Phone # is current. Tim
Last edited by Tim Y on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: It's Pumpkin Time!!!!

by Tim Y » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Hello to all fellow forumites, This is getting good, I figure on 3 weeks of doing "on-site" gigs, and doing day and night gigs, that = 42 spots available. The Back Door has committed for 3 and maybe 4, Seidenfaidens has got 2, Spring street Bar and Grill, 2, and the antique mall in Buechel will want me to come back again for 1 or 2 shifts. I am pretty sure Lynn's will want me for all the sunday AM shifts, so I am filling up rapidly, get your time reserved!!! I am currently working with Robin trying to post pics, but if you need an idea of what I can do, go to ANY "pumpkin carving website" and find what you like, and it is yours. I have a special "light rig" that comes with each pumpkin, so if your carving "dies" before 2 weeks, save that, and I can discount your replacement pumpkin. I offer mutiple display options, starting at a basic 3 carvings on display for the full month of Oct for $100. If it dies you get a new one!!! But you will have 3 displays all month long!!!! What a deal!!!! BOO!!!
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:55 pm

highlands

by Jamie O » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Just booked our carving date for October 7th at Jamie's 14k Cupcakes! Can't wait! :P
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Only 34 more days till Halloween!!! I have been cruising the web to find new patterns and have found some really cool new stencils. I do use these stencils so the detail is perfect. I cannot free-hand just anything, ie, your logo or a picture of whatever. But, with some time I can make it happen. Last year, Bonnie, at The Back Door wanted a pumpkin of their logo and I did not have a pattern, except off her biz card and I pulled it off beautifully. 8) The variety of possibilities are endless. Given time, if you want it, I'll carve it. So book now!!!! I am setting up gigs NOW. I use power tools, and X-acto knives, and it is fun to watch for your patrons, and I can set them up with carvings on a later date. I want the exposure!!! Good for me, & good for you. Free entertainment!!! Openings are as follows,...October 3,4,5,6 ... 11,13, 15 AM only, 16, 17,18, 21,22, with limited time after that, but I am open for negotiations. I "guarantee" my pumpkins to last 10 days. (with proper care) Remember this is a "live" vegetable product and needs to be treated as such. I will replace your pumpkin for free if it dies before then.!!! I carved 50 last year and want to double that this year. Again, package deals are available. Call me (502) 608-8321 Tim
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Update, Lynn's is out. I have Oct 2,16, and 23 brunches, or evenings open!!! I have found a guy near Sheperdsville that has a good supply, so these guy are home-grown. You can even bring me one if you want. ike I said earlier, I want to do 100 this year. "Good Grief Charlie Brown", "I got a rock" :cry: This skill set is only good 1 month a year. :( Let's do it, this is the cutting edge of halloween pumpkin carving. And my pumpkins "light" up the best.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Here's a picture Tim sent me showing one of his carved pumpkins. If I were trick-or-treating, this one might scare the hell out of me! :shock: :lol: :lol:

TimPumpkin.jpg
Pirate pumpkin
TimPumpkin.jpg (42.56 KiB) Viewed 7237 times
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

highlands

by Jamie O » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Here's a picture Tim sent me showing one of his carved pumpkins. If I were trick-or-treating, this one might scare the hell out of me! :shock: :lol: :lol:

TimPumpkin.jpg

Thats pretty amazing ,and if it scares off all the trick or treaters, more for me! :D
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

highlands

by Jamie O » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm

^ candy that is!
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

by Alan H » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Tim is going to be here this Friday from 6 til 10 and for Sunday Brunch from 11 til 3 showing off his pumpkin carving skills !
Try to make it out if you can !
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 am

Happy Halloween to all. I have some nice carvings out there, hope you have had a chance to see them!!! The Wizard of Oz crew at The Cheddar Box in St Matthews is "HOT". (good choice Nancy)CQ has the Pirates of the Carribbean guys, and Jamie at 14 K cupcakes has "Stewie" from Family Guy. as a vampire. Jimmy, at Seidenfaidens got Homer holding up Flanders' decapitated head. 8) I just got an order for 10 more for Saturday!!! This is going to a busy next couple of weeks, but I have openings if you would like to have me come to you and do some demo's. Carrie, (not Bonnie, lol) at The Back Door is calling me also to set up times. Limited space available but call me if you want to join in!!! Tim
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Hey you guys, I decided not to do the "on-site" demo's this year. You can still order pumpkins by calling me or send me a mssg. Tim
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey Tim,
Do you have a Facebook presence or website with your current price list and products etc? Sent you a pm yesterday.
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Tim Y » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

If you would like to see patterns, go to pumpkinwizard, or zombiepumpkins, and then let me know which one you want. Price is $25, and that includes the $3 light kit!!! Phone is down, :x , but will be up in a day or two.
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 pm

We had our Fall feast at the house tonight and it was fun. We had some good food and great guests and the weather cooperated. A special treat was provided by TimY who came by and carved 4 pumpkins for us.

All the adults agreed that the MJ pumpkin was the scariest. The kids were too young to know why. This technique was really interesting and Tim was entertaining.

Thanks Tim!

Donna, was partial to the Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp). Oh brother!
Attachments
Pumkin3.JPG
Pumkin3.JPG (41.84 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
Pumkin2.JPG
Pumkin2.JPG (41.03 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
Pumpkin1.JPG
Pumpkin1.JPG (38.73 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:28 pm

The pumpkins were very cool, and Tim is a really neat guy - he kept us engaged through the whole thing. He had a box of stencils and pulled out several from the mid 80's to show how much the paper had aged. And I got to meet Bill P. and his lovely Norma Jean for the first time (highlight!) Thanks for the outstanding hospitality, Shane!
Next