Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Wild Eggs: I think you're going to love it

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:31 am

We sneaked in last night to a very crowded preview session, took a few nibbles of menu samples out on a buffet, and were most impressed. As Coffee Guy David Lange said, "It looks like morning," with its pretty, Easter egg pastel colors and eggy art (including a striking wall-O-eggs room divider). This was sort of a stand-up-mingle-sit-down event with the food in buffet trays, so you can't fully predict the finished product, but let's say that the items we tried were <i>excellent</i> - biscuits and gravy, shrimp and grits, chicken-on-a-stick over rice pilaf, scrambled eggs with shiitakes and really excellent muffins - and the servers were kept extremely busy but got everything right and never missed a beat.

Based on a first-night, not-typical situation, it looks promising, and I see myself turning into a regular.
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Wild Eggs/Napa River/Napa River

by Sherrie G » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:07 am

Is Wild Eggs owned by the Napa River Grill owners? And is the current Napa River grill relocating? Or will the Napa River in Westport Village be an additional location?

I'm looking forward to trying Wild Eggs. So I'm glad to hear the preview was delish.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Wild Eggs/Napa River/Napa River

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:36 am

Sherrie G wrote:Is Wild Eggs owned by the Napa River Grill owners? And is the current Napa River grill relocating? Or will the Napa River in Westport Village be an additional location?

I'm looking forward to trying Wild Eggs. So I'm glad to hear the preview was delish.

Wild Eggs is owned by JD Rothberg and Shane Hall of Napa River Grill. I'm pretty sure that Napa River in Westport will replace the Dupont location, but can't recall with 100 percent certainty.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Short Wild Eggs video

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:22 pm

I've put a brief, 60-second vid of last night's deliberations at Wild Eggs online. No complaining about production values, gang! ;) It's just a candid shot, quickly uploaded to Google Video. Still, it gives at least a peek at what the place looks like, and the happy buzz that filled the room last night.

<b>Wild Eggs "Eggsclusive opening event"</b>
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:27 pm

The Westport Village location is supposed to REPLACE the Dupont location.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

"Insider Scoop"

by Bill Veneman » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:17 pm

A friend of mine is a server at Wild Egg, and she reports that the previews, reviews and menu are all "IN-(explective deleted)ING-CREDIABLE". I'm hyped about going in next Sunday and trying it.......
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Wild Eggs

by TanyaD » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 am

YAY!! Sounds like a great addition to the Louisville restaurant scene! Do they have a website? I couldn't find anything, so I assume they don't, but I can't wait to see the menu!
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:49 am

I don't believe they have a website yet but you can contact Shane Hall the operating partner.
shane@napariverlouisville.com
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Wild Eggs today

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:41 am

We dropped in for early breakfast today, and the place was busy ... there were still just a couple of tables left with no wait, but I notice when we left a little later that there was a crowd in the lobby waiting for tables.

Food was good, and the grits of the day (with green chile, cheddar and chorizo) were outstanding. Service was fine, too - they seem to be braced for a crowd and had plenty of staff and supervision on hand to greet it.

I'm still thinking this place is going to be a hit.
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Re: Wild Eggs

by Vince Yustas » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:57 am

TanyaD wrote:YAY!! I can't wait to see the menu!

Not a menu, but a hint from the C-J. Sounds great!

Craving chorizo and eggs for breakfast? Or something else just a bit out of the ordinary? Try Calamity Katie's Border Benedict at Wild Eggs, a new gourmet breakfast, brunch and lunch spot that opened this week. This particular dish is cheddar corn cakes topped with chorizo, poached eggs and queso fundido. There are also waffles, pancakes and basic bacon and eggs for the less adventurous. Wild Eggs is at 3985 Dutchmans Lane.

Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Tina Marsh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

by Tina Marsh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:18 pm

I can't wait to try it. Taking husband in there one weekday morning, perhaps, to avoid the big crowds.
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm

My family and I went to Wild Eggs last Sunday during the soft opening--it was amazing!! I had the stuffed french toast, my mom had the "Elvis" pancakes (I think that they are actually called "The King would eat these"), my dad had the wild mushroom scramble and my husband had the western omelet. Everything was delicious. My favorite was my mom's pancakes--seriously, I can't quit thinking about them! The service was great too--we have a 3 year old and an 8 month old and the kids stayed happy which makes everyone else happy!
Hopefully, Wild Eggs will continue to do well!
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:29 am

We went yesterday for breakfast and it was delicious! The menu was so great, I could not decide what I wanted. I had a frittata with oven dried tomatoes, spinach, kalamatas, red onion, pesto, feta and pepperoncinis. Delicious! My firends had a breakfast burrito and juevos rancheros. The beans on those two were also really good. Service was eggcellent. (Sorry, I couldn't resist) There was a slight misunderstanding about something we ordered and they took care of it right away. I'll definitely be back - I have all those other dishes to try!
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:56 pm

We went yesterday for brunch and it was awesome! We arrived around 1:00 and prepared for a wait, but were pleased to find it was no more than 20 minutes. The comp coffee while we waited was very tasty! I had an omlette with goat cheese, spinach and tomatoes with the grits of the day (bacon & cheddar) - heavenly - and the everything muffins taste exactly like a NY everything bagel but in perfect crumbly muffin form. Hubby had an omlette with chorizo, onions, peppers and a side of sausage and seemed in a perfect brekafast bliss. Our friends had the sourdough french toast (yummy!) and an omlette and were very pleased with their choices. The service was spot on - not too hovering, but he noticed each time we needed something. Our only disappointment was that they had run out of potato latkes - no biggie, just another excuse to get back there ASAP!! The owner came by to check on us and was very friendly and was beaming like a proud papa. I can easily say we will be frequenting Wild Eggs quite a bit!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Michele Janosek wrote:Our only disappointment was that they had run out of potato latkes - no biggie, just another excuse to get back there ASAP!!

My <i>only</i> disappointment with Wild Eggs so far has been that the potato latkes this past Saturday morning were kind of limp and leathery. I halfway wondered if they were bracing for a first-weekend rush and made up a lot of stuff in advance. A mighty tiny nit, but worth a mention.
Next