Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Velocity declares Amerigo "Perfect"

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity declares Amerigo "Perfect"

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 am

"I don't go to a restaurant expecting to trash it, but I am looking for flaws," writes Lisa Hornung in this week's <I>Velocity</i>. "Maybe the service isn't great, or maybe the bread is mediocre. There's always something that's not perfect. Imagine my surprise when at a recent lunch, the entire meal - the service, the food, everything - was perfect."

"Perfect" is a word one rarely sees in restaurant criticism, but Lisa bestows it on Amerigo this week in a short, glowing, 224-word review.

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070926/VELOCITY01/709260505/1065]<B>2 for $30</b>
Go, go, go to Amerigo[/url]

<b>Amerigo</b>
871 S. Hurstbourne Parkway
426-4040
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:37 am

Interesting.... I liked it well enough and had no real issues, but I wouldn't have called it perfect. *shrug*
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 am

When we went, also for lunch, shortly after it opened, it really was quite excellent. Service was spot on, food was wonderful.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:28 am

Leah s wrote:When we went, also for lunch, shortly after it opened, it really was quite excellent. Service was spot on, food was wonderful.

I agree that it's well above average for chain fare, and I gave it a friendly review. I can't honestly say that I found it quite up to where I'd like it to be, though. My recollection is that the service was competent but really "chain style" in trying to upsell us sides and cocktails and desserts, which was offputting, and the food was all good but not all great.