Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Portico

no avatar
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

Portico

by Allison Williams » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Does anyone know or maybe I have missed it somewhere but has Portico Restaurant at Caesars Indiana been reviewed?
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Portico

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Allison Williams wrote:Does anyone know or maybe I have missed it somewhere but has Portico Restaurant at Caesars Indiana been reviewed?

I've kind of stepped lightly around it myself, Allison. It's upscale and expensive, but hasn't really struck me as a "destination dining room."

I think maybe the CJ's former reviewer gave it a fairly glowing three-star review once.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Don't know about Portico.......

by Bill Veneman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:37 pm

But I would say it's probably a good bet (no pun intended) considering that the Buffet they have up there is one of the best I've been to.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Portico

by David Clancy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm

Allison Williams wrote:Does anyone know or maybe I have missed it somewhere but has Portico Restaurant at Caesars Indiana been reviewed?
Well, speaking from experience (I ran it, and ran it well for two years) It is pretty damn good! While never on the cutting edge, Portico is consistently good and if you loose a gob of money on the boat.....it's free!
I am not sure how the change in ownership/union has changed the dynamic but when I was was there, I could stand comfortably behind every dish.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)