Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

Italian Restaurant with BYO wine?

by Christian Dreisbach » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:02 am

I have heard rumors of an Italian restaurant that allows (or requires) you to bring your own wine...can anyone give me some information on the name/location/style of the place?

Sorry if this post is repetitive...I searched first but since I don't know the restaurant's name I'm behind.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:11 am

Le Gallo Rosso! Very good! We went recently and even my uber picky italian husband liked it.

It's on Bardstown Rd, right next to the Bristol - in the back of the "shops on the alley" building.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:56 pm

The BYOW is a little weird for me but cheaper. One thing about that place. I thought it was decent but my girl is a vegetarian. There was little for her to eat.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:09 pm

John - I am a vegetarian and I had the same concern going in. I ordered the dish that was basically pasta with marinara - sorry I don't remember their name for it. I was very pleasantly surprised though. They put some very fresh pesto on top and it was SO good after you stirred it all together. It's very rare that I would be impressed by just pasta and sauce - but I really was.....
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:25 pm

My girl got that dish as well. She felt the same way. Better than it sounded. She is a picky eater too. Hard to please. I sound like a picky eater but I am not really. I ate MRE's for years, can't be too picky with those.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:31 pm

John R. wrote:My girl got that dish as well. She felt the same way. Better than it sounded. She is a picky eater too. Hard to please. I sound like a picky eater but I am not really. I ate MRE's for years, can't be too picky with those.

The chef/owner lady is highly experienced. When you go again, ask her about fixing something vegetarian. No doubt she can accomadate.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Nice tip! I love that area along those shops, but it's been year's since I strolled back there.
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

Thank you...

by Christian Dreisbach » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm

I appreciate the help and we are going for dinner tomorrow!