Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nashville, TN suggestions

no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

by Sherrie G » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi all. I'll be heading to Nashville in a few weeks and wanted input for some Nashville eateries. The folks I'll be with actually requested to eat at the Cheesecake Factory while there. Coming from small-town Maine, they get a thrill at these chain restaurants with the over-the-top decor and unending menu options. I'd love to take them to a Brazilian restaurant so if you are aware of one of those as well, let me know.

We'll be staying at the Gaylord Opryland Convention center so anything in that area would be preferred for convenience sake.

Thanks in advance for the help.
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Not Brazilian and not close to the Hotel....

by Casey J. » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Downtown is a place http://www.ru-sans.com/ It is a fantastic sushi spot. Also there is http://www.demosrestaurants.com/ , a fantastic Italian place. These meet none of your requirements, but both are very good.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I had brunch at the Volare in the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. The buffet items were better prepared, fresher, and tastier than most restaurants menu items. I can only imagine how delicious ordering from the menu could be. Plus, the atmosphere is nice, dining in an atrium, with an outdoor feel.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Most of the Opryland restaurants are good . . . expensive, but well-prepared, and nothing that would "offend" someone not used to ethnic foods.

Loveland Cafe is a "traditional" Southern breakfast . . . old building, no decor, not that close to Opryland, but homemade biscuits, homemade everything, good fried chicken, "decor" dates to the 40's. Bluebird at night is all fried food, but go after dinner to see up-and-coming acts trying out new material (drinks a LOT better than food, but fun).

For a real urban experience, try the Cabana Restaurant, near Vandy. It's a new, fun, jumping place with a menu sort of similar to Napa River . . . unusual combinations very well done. Also, crowded from opening to closing, so need a reservation if possible.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Nashville

by Bill Veneman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 am

New Orleans Manor......FABULOUS Buffet, and a wonderful evening

Amerigo on West End. Good Italian, and a very friendly venue

Green Hills Grill, Green Hills Mall - Also a fun place, good, consistent food and service.

That's all I can think at the moment.......
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:20 am

The Loveland Cafe is actually the Loveless Cafe.
no avatar
User

Paula Masoud

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 pm

by Paula Masoud » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Sherrie, I don't know of a Brazilian restaurant, but I was just there this weekend and had great dining experiences at the following:

Bound'ry on 20th Ave. South (beautiful decor and eclectic menu)

Virago on Division (sushi plus steak you cook youself on hot stones--fun!)

Ombi on Elliston Place (out by Vandy; VERY unique & yummy menu)

They're not close to Opryland, but Nashville is quite easy to navigate.
no avatar
User

Jim Zoeller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Middletown

Nashville restaurants

by Jim Zoeller » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Great timing, we are heading to Nashville in a couple of weeks, just to eat. Nothing fancy, since we are traveling with kids, but here you go for suggestions:
- Rotiers (2413 Elliston Place) has the best burgers anywhere, great fries, onion rings, malts, shakes. They are famous for their grilled French bread cheeseburgers. Its a dive, but well worth the trip.
- Hot Diggity Dog (614 Ewing Avenue), another dive, with loads of great hot dog choices, Italian sausages, bratwursts, and really, really good fries.
- Arnold's Country Kitchen (605 8th ave Street) follows the long-standing Nashville tradition of the "Meat and 3", one meat and three sides. They only serve lunch, but there's a line out the door the entire time they are open, great country cooking.
- Pied Piper Ice Cream (114 s. 11th Street) - artisan ice cream, in a funky, Bardstown Road type setting. Great flavors, and a cool gift shop to stroll through.
- Donut Den (3900 Hillsboro) - just a great, old-time donut shop.

There's a start, let us know how your trip goes, as we're planning on heading there the first weekend of October.
Jim Zoeller
no avatar
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:33 pm