Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dinner at Amerigo-Bring the Kids!!!

no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

Dinner at Amerigo-Bring the Kids!!!

by Shannon W » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:14 pm

We had dinner at Amerigo for the first time this evening. It was a great experience and exactly what we were looking for.

Please know that my priorities when dining with a 17 month old are, FAST service, fast service and then....fast service. I'll take "ok" food, as long as it's there fast.

Our waitress was very helpful and ready to take our order as soon as she arrived. The salads, bread and wine arrived within 5 minutes and were very good. Crisp, cold lettuce and not smothered with dressing. Just right, actually. I had the Lobster Ravioli which arrived steaming hot, just as I finished the salad. Perfect! The Vodka sauce was tangy and there were decent sized bits of lobster in the filling.

The child-friendly word must be getting out, because the place was packed with families. We arrived early (5:15) and were seated near the front. We sat next to 22 month old triplets and a table of special-needs children. Kids can color on the paper tablecloths, which is always a plus.

My Mom commented she would be back, with friends.

Overall, I enjoyed it. (Keeping in mind my speed-bias)
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

Fast Service

by Matt B » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:29 pm

We dine out with our 15 month old quite often. We have had many "adventures" but still love exposing our daughter to new things.

We recently had a dinner at Texas Roadhouse and had a server who was really attentive when our little one started to get fussy towards the end of our meal. He brought our check and made sure to let us know that he wasn't hurrying us but he didn't want to hold us up if we needed to rush out.
We were very appreciative of this gesture and it helped when we decided it was time to go.