Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lunch/Brunch for 6 on Sunday

no avatar
User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

Lunch/Brunch for 6 on Sunday

by Mike M » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 am

I'm going to be buying lunch for six people on Sunday, needing a place to discuss business, and a place that is fairly cheap, maybe $10/person. Looking to stay near Jeffersonville, Clarksville, Downtown Louisville, or maybe the Highlands..any suggestions?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lunch/Brunch for 6 on Sunday

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Mike M wrote:I'm going to be buying lunch for six people on Sunday, needing a place to discuss business, and a place that is fairly cheap, maybe $10/person. Looking to stay near Jeffersonville, Clarksville, Downtown Louisville, or maybe the Highlands..any suggestions?

Mike, this might not be as simple as it seems, mainly because a lot of places are closed on Sundays, and the places open tend to be popular, crowded and maybe noisy for a business meeting.

I'd think about Toast on Market as a good possibility to suit your location and price requirements and excellent food, but it's immensely popular, will probably have a wait, and might be on the noisy side. But it's still a decent choice.

http://toastonmarket.com/
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

sunday lunch

by Paula B » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:42 pm

If the group likes indian, though it may be out of your way, India palace buffet has larger tables in corners to discuss business, and you can usually get a table without a wait.

I am not sure if the thai restaurant next to krispy kreme is open for lunch on sunday, but may also work.

good luck
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:00 pm

If you're looking at the sunny side on a Sunday, you might consider the restaurant in the Holiday Inn off of Stansifer and I-65 next to the Derby Dinner Playhouse. They have a good menu (also a very good buffet on Sunday, I believe) with quite a large area that appears to be well able to handle your group -- and I have always found the staff extremely accommodating.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Lunch/Brunch for 6 on Sunday

by David Clancy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Mike M wrote:I'm going to be buying lunch for six people on Sunday, needing a place to discuss business, and a place that is fairly cheap, maybe $10/person. Looking to stay near Jeffersonville, Clarksville, Downtown Louisville, or maybe the Highlands..any suggestions?
How about glamourus downtown New Albany? We do a pretty good brunch over here......
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

sunday lunch

by Paula B » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:35 pm

I just looked at Winston's website, they seem to have a decent menu for brunch/ lunch. More choices under $12-- The atmophere would be great for a business meeting, and you probably won't have a wait.

Good luck!