Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

Friday, Sept 28th Kentucky Harvest Dinner - - Extra Tickets?

by SheilaB » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi All

I realize this might be a bit of a longshot, but does anyone have extra tickets for the Ky Harvest Festival Dinner next Friday night?

It seems that I have missed the boat on this one somehow (actually the boat is long gone from the dock). If you have one or two tickets you can't use I'd love to buy them from you - and for those of you going - enjoy!

Sheila
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Clarification

by SheilaB » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Let me clarify - I should have said the "Greater Louisville Sierra Club and Slow Food Bluegrass's Kentucky Harvest Festival"....this is the event at Waldeck Mansion out in Crestwood.

For all I know there may be all sorts of folks trying to get tickets, but as someone who loves food but doesn't really travel in foodie circles I figured this is my best shot...
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:06 pm

Sheila,

I checked to see if we had an extra tickets, but unfortunately the event is overbooked with 275 people expected. Hopefully if someone on here ends up with an extra ticket, they'll let you know.

FYI: this is going to be an annual event, so if you can't get tickets for this year, hopefully you'll get them next year.

Deb
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by SheilaB » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:39 am

Deb

Thanks for the info. So glad to hear this is going to be an annual event! If all else fails I can come next year.

Sheila
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Sheila,

I checked to see if we had an extra tickets, but unfortunately the event is overbooked with 275 people expected. Hopefully if someone on here ends up with an extra ticket, they'll let you know.

FYI: this is going to be an annual event, so if you can't get tickets for this year, hopefully you'll get them next year.

Deb

Hi Deb,

Are we supposed to be receiving tickets in the mail? We sent in our money and app, but haven't seen anything yet.

Sheila - I hope you are able to attend!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

No tickets needed

by Deb Hall » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Kim,

Glad you asked: I had the same question from a friend of mine today, and I was already planning to post something.

There are no tickets; your name will be there at the door as paid. (Yes, I'd prefer a different policy but that’s the way Sierra Club does it. Keep in mind these are two totally volunteer organizations so they are severely under-staffed. ) I'll recommend to them to consider changing to a new procedure or explaining this on the registration form next year, as it's causing some confusion.

Sorry for any concerns.
See you at the event!
Deb
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: No tickets needed

by Kim H » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:36 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Kim,

Glad you asked: I had the same question from a friend of mine today, and I was already planning to post something.

There are no tickets; your name will be there at the door as paid. (Yes, I'd prefer a different policy but that’s the way Sierra Club does it. Keep in mind these are two totally volunteer organizations so they are severely under-staffed. ) I'll recommend to them to consider changing to a new procedure or explaining this on the registration form next year, as it's causing some confusion.

Sorry for any concerns.
See you at the event!
Deb

Thanks for the info, Deb. We can't wait!