Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

Chili Cookoff and Neighborhood Festival, 9/29/07

by Jessica Devine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:26 pm

*If anyone is interested in entering chili, send me a message with your email and I'll send you the entry form.

Chili Cookoff and Neighborhood Festival
September 29, 2007

Smoketown USA opened its doors 4 months ago serving, what our customers tell us, is the Best Pit Smoked BBQ in town. Now that Autumn is upon us, our tastes are turning to chili. Smoketown USA BBQ Restaurant and Sojourn Church are proud to sponsor the First Annual Smoketown Chili Cookoff and Neighborhood Festival. We will be blocking off the alley by the tracks between Mary Street and Oak Street so that everyone can gather to sample some awesome chili made by our neighbors and locally owned businesses. Learn more about your neighborhood and enjoy music provided by local bands, art from many talented local artists, yard sales booths and much more food and fun!! Please join us in the celebration and festivities.

Who: EVERYONE is welcome!!

What: Chili Contest, Yard Sales, Art Fair, Live Local Musicians
Beer and Food, FUN for everyone!!

When: September 29, 2007
Noon to 5:00 pm, Music and Art will continue to 8:00 pm

Where: Smoketown USA BBQ Restaurant
Located at the corner of Logan and Oak Streets (1153 Logan)
Booths and Bands in the Alley behind us between Oak and Mary Streets

Why: Enjoy a fun festival, meet your neighbors, learn more about local businesses, enjoy wonderful art and live music provide by talented local artists and musicians

Booth Space is still available. Please join us for the Fun.

For other info, call us at 409-9180. Hope to see you there!!
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun! I plan on being there.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:05 pm

It'll be great to see you. I would enter my chili, but I am probably the only one that would like it. It's more like spaghetti sauce with some chili powder--no beans because that's for normal people! :wink:
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:06 pm

I've forgotten what a strange eater you are, Jessica!
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb