Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Another "C", another anecdote

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Another "C", another anecdote

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:50 pm

We dropped in on Third Avenue Cafe recently and were startled to see a big red "C" on the door. Actually it was an undersize red "C", about half the size of the regular health department sanitation rating placards.

Remembering the discussion we had here over Fuji's recent "C", I figured I'd put into practice the advise I dispensed in that thread: In a friendly, non-confrontative way, I asked the host, "Should we be worried about that?" He didn't seem offended. "We had a refrigerator go out on us," he said.

As long as they weren't serving food that hadn't been kept at safe temps - and I really don't think that's an issue - then I would expect the Cafe's usual "A" to be restored when the inspectors come back in a few days.

And it obviously was not affecting their business. The place was packed - we got the last open table at lunch time - and the food was excellent as usual.