Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

by Allison Williams » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:17 pm

carla wrote :
I would go to the extreme , bite the bullet and take him to the Oak Room. He asked for fancy and I think that fills the bill. If the child can appreciate Philobolus then he's ready for his first real exposure to dining out

I completely agree. My children were exposed to fine dining establishments at ages 2 and 3. They always think "BIG" when we go out and I mean it gives them a chance to feel special and adult like but its not pretend, its the real deal. They are always so well mannered and it is good in teaching proper table etiquette. :)

I would go Oak or Vincenzos!
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas. I think I may just "bite the bullet" and go to the Oak Room. It would be my first time there as well. With two young boys my older son and I do not get many special nights out alone together and I want to make it a fantastic evening.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Previous