Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good country brunch????

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Marsha, Is Melillo's doing brunch on Saturday? I thought they had discontinued it. I'd be happy to know they've started again/are still doing it.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:13 am

Oh, rats! I didn't know it had been discontinued :(

That's too bad - I was always a little afraid that people wouldn't remember it was Saturday brunch rather than Sunday.

Well, the recommendation still stands - their food is delicious and their atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

Side note: friends tell me the brunch buffet at Sweet Peas is a thing of beauty lately. Meatloaf! On the brunch buffet!
no avatar
User

Bill R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am

Middletown

by Bill R » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:53 am

Toast is the way to go but , by no means country. Lynn's presents poor value for the spotty quality(I usually love the place). What about Wagners? Kind of unique feel to it. For an upscale take on country try Winstons.
no avatar
User

ShaneMcD

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:59 pm

by ShaneMcD » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Well thanks for everyone's opinions, it seems Toast or LaGrange are the way to go. Does anyone have info on Toast, location or phone #?
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Here's Toast's website
http://www.toastonmarket.com/
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Good country brunch????

by Kim H » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
ShaneMcD wrote:I have only lived here in Louisville for a few weeks and my family is coming in this weekend and I am looking for a great traditional country breakfast. I lived in Memphis for 8 years when I was young, so I know what good breakfast is, I'm just wondering where in the ville to find it? I have been to Lynn's Cafe and it was great except for the wait time, does anyone have a good suggestion for the weekend, I live near Anchorage, so I know I will probably have to drive a bit!

Thanks Louisville!

I think part of the problem here is that Louisville is a middle-size city, so for a country breakfast you kind of have to head out into the country.

How about a good diner breakfast, though? Mr. Z's at Third and Breckinridge is short on atmosphere but long on excellent quality in a very traditional diner-style breakfast. Wagner's Pharmacy near Churchill Downs is another. And even the old Twig and Leaf at Bardstown and Douglass, if not what it used to be, will still make you two over easy with grits or hash browns and toast.

Might be too late, I'd like to add Barba Lee's to Robin's list. Classic diner feel, incredible down-home service, wonderful hash browns, and bacon that has such a great smokey flavor, that it comes close to eating bbq! mmmmmm.....
Previous