Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: Battle of the Best chefs fund-raiser Oct. 25

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:02 pm

You'd think they might tell us who the chefs are ...

The Kentucky Bluegrass Chapter of Meeting Professionals International will present the Battle of the Best “A Culinary Experience”, Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Brown & Williamson Club at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. Festivities will begin at 5 p.m. at the club located at 2800 S. Floyd St. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 at the door. The event is a fundraiser for a Sullivan University hospitality scholarship.

Three area chefs will compete in an iron-chef style event with Sullivan University hospitality students assisting as prep and sous chefs. A panel of celebrity judges will select the winning chef. In addition to the chef challenge, other categories in the Battle of the Best include Best Caterer and Best Martini. Ticket holders will choose the winners of these categories.

The event is produced by the Kentucky Bluegrass Chapter of Meeting Professionals International, a group of hospitality and hospitality service providers dedicated to personal and professional development of its members and to building a rich global meeting industry community. Meeting Professionals International has over 22,000 members in 65 countries.
http://www.kbcmpi.com
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm

East End

Annual event?

by MollyCooley » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:28 am

Is the 'Battle of the Best' an annual event? Unfortunately I will be in Denver that week :cry:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Annual event?

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:43 am

MollyCooley wrote:Is the 'Battle of the Best' an annual event? Unfortunately I will be in Denver that week :cry:

Mollie, welcome to the forum!

Good news for you ... this is an annual event. The one coming up is the fourth, so I assume there's a good chance they'll keep on doing it every year, presumably around the same time.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:45 am

Robin,

You'd think they might tell us who the chefs are ...

I had the same initial reaction. :?

I will say from my own experience however, that is sometimes difficult and time consuming to get firm committments from Chefs ( and other executives). That leaves the person issuing the release in a quandry: to issue early (to sell tickets) without names, or wait for one or two stragglers so the reader gets the full info (and none of the participants gets left out).

What to do, what to do???
In my case I just (nicely) nag them into submission...:wink: :lol:

Deb
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm

East End

Battle of the Best

by MollyCooley » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Just saw an ad on page 41 of 'Louisville Magazine Eats' with an ad for the event....it states at the bottom to 'Join us next year! October 23, 2008'
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Since it is an annual event, it looks like they just re-released the Press Release used in previous years- hence no names...