Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Grossman or Gossman

no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

Grossman or Gossman

by Rick G » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:46 am

Just curious. Read the article in the Courier this morning about the Bristol's 30th anniversary. Isn't it Doug Gossman not Doug Grossman, as the article kept saying, the owner of the Bristol?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Grossman or Gossman

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:56 am

Rick G wrote:Isn't it Doug Gossman not Doug Grossman, as the article kept saying, the owner of the Bristol?

"Gossman" would be correct.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:09 am

Thought that typo was actually funny after his strong staunch against Smoke Free dining.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Grossman or Gossman

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:03 am

Rick G wrote:Just curious. Read the article in the Courier this morning about the Bristol's 30th anniversary. Isn't it Doug Gossman not Doug Grossman, as the article kept saying, the owner of the Bristol?

The CJ ran a correction today on Page A2, attributing the incorrect spelling to "a "reporter's error."

I can't cast stones here. When I was at <I>The Louisville Times</I> I once told the entire city that the Pegasus Parade runs from West to East on Broadway. And more recently, in a big article in Food & Dining, I redubbed a favorite local breakfast spot as "Toast on <I>Main</I>."

Carelessness happens. To us all.
no avatar
User

Michelle Manker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:41 pm

by Michelle Manker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:07 am

In an email I have from him, it's spelled Gossmann.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 am

Michelle Manker wrote:In an email I have from him, it's spelled Gossmann.

There's really no question about that ... it was an error, one of those embarrassing things that catches up with everybody in the business sooner or later. I'm sure Ron M is punishing himself worse than any of us can do to him ... these things are always super-embarrassing. :(
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:29 pm

I may not be sure, but was that his father who passed away (in today's obits?) Never knew his dad, but remember Doug WAY back in the Wash. St. days and he was a good businessman.