Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Fresh Market location

no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

New Fresh Market location

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:53 pm

Reported on the CJ website that a Fresh Market will be anchoring a new development at Brownsboro Rd at the Watterson X-way. Going to raze the motel/nightclub there. I would drive by 2 Krogers to shop there. Hope it happens.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 pm

It's a good idea but the traffic there is already horrible. They're going to have to do some serious redesigns to get that flowing anywhere near usably.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New Fresh Market location

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:04 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Reported on the CJ website that a Fresh Market will be anchoring a new development at Brownsboro Rd at the Watterson X-way. Going to raze the motel/nightclub there. I would drive by 2 Krogers to shop there. Hope it happens.

Seems like we had a thread on this a few months ago, Ed, unless my memory is playing tricks on me. Some very serious questions about traffic flow and possibly parking, if memory serves. I'm running out for a few, but will try to find and link to the original thread when I get back, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Here's the thread, Ed ... it was way back in March. Also, in fairness, triggered by a CJ story.

<b>Fresh Market Proposed for Brownsboro Inn Site</b>
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Fresh Market

by Heather Y » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:33 pm

Traffic Schmaffic! It can't possibly get any worse.
Went to the meetings, and saw the footage of the traffic, I live through it everyday. You just have to be strategic when you travel, just like in any other traffic ridden city. To start, they need to get the light timing straight!

I just do not want the proposed Panera or Starbucks (two a 1/4 mile away, and 0.10 mile apart), first I am worried what it would do to Mr. Bill at Shady lane cafe, and those places I think would be the parking gluttons not Fresh Market.

There are two other developments coming to that area as well, the traffic coming off the expressway going towards Prospect will get tangled up at Dairy Queen, and then again near Ballard. The whole place will be a mess. Maybe this will prompt people to walk more. Hell, they just spent a bunch of time and money putting in sidewalks people should use them!

I will be walking to Fresh Market!!! Yea, I cannot wait! I will probably never step foot in a Kroger again (If I can help it).
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:27 am

Daggonnit That's not nuch closer to me than the one out Shelbyville Rd. I wish a Fresh Market would go into the old IGA at Crestwood PLEEEEASE. As it stands now it will have a hard time surviving once the new Kroger on 329 is built.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

by Lori R. » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Whoa! In regards to Heather Y's post.....
Where on Brownsboro/US42 are there plans to put in a Panera and ANOTHER Starbuck's?
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

panera

by Heather Y » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:12 pm

The first plan was to put in the Fresh Market, and the powers that be i.e. Lawyers, and FM said in the first meeting, there was talk of Panera and possibly other "specialty retail such as Starbucks", being put on the property but parking would be an issue, so it was tabled.

Now, I am hearing that the owner of the abandoned property diagonally across Brownsboro is in talks with Panera bread, and or Starbucks.
Mind you, it comes from a not necessarily reliable source.

It is at this time just rumor, and I hope it stays that way!
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:15 pm

I hear all sorts of rumors, but I heard just last night that the Kroger wasn't happening on the bypass. Last week, I heard just the opposite. So I don't know who to believe.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

Fresh Market

by Heather Y » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Carla,
You are just going to have to move in closer to the Watterson!

Shall I begin the search for you? I am sure you would make a great neighbor.
I think this area is going to be hot in a year or so! (also, extremely congested).

I also heard that if the Brownsboro deal fell through... they would go to the summit! I guess it did not fall through.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 pm

Heather-
Thanks for the compliment. I did used to live in St Matthews and I miss it madly!!!!What was I thinking moving out here? Fast Break Pizza, Jitters and the awesome deli (who's name escapes me just now) are the only redeeming things out here for me anyway. It's beautiful out here and the people are cool but it is so removed from my late night lifestyle that I find myself staying home too much. 1 more year and I'll go back to the city.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost