Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Jarfi's@Mellwood

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Jarfi's@Mellwood

by Kim H » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Has anyone eaten there? Anything to report? All I've seen on it was the report in the LEO. Was thinking of taking some people there from work, but would like more insight into the food, menu, etc. I know we've always had a good experience at the original Jarfi's, just wondering about this venture. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:41 pm

We went there a few weeks ago for a late lunch. I remember sandwiches, rollups, salads - a brief menu. The portions were huge, very tasty and fresh.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Have not been there, but they do a fine job at the Ky Center. Also, they served great food at the Jazz Factory.

Can't imagine that do anything less at the Mellwood location.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Steve Shade wrote:Can't imagine that do anything less at the Mellwood location.

It's worth noting, though, that as Kevin reported in the LEO/LHB Eat'N'Blog report not long ago, the Mellwood operation (which replaced A Little Peace Cafe) is very small and casual and budget-priced - sandwiches only and initially lunch only, although there was talk about extended hours.