Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

A feel good story

no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

A feel good story

by christopher stockton » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:03 am

The Valu Market on Bardstown rd do a very good job of demoing foods. All their stations are manned by a store employee and I have never seen an over filled trash can or dirty area.

They also invite local strores and chefs to cook out and have turned what was a terrible store in my neighborhood into a very nice local super market.

The Neumann family deseve a pat on the back for all their efforts.

The local produce and organic products they feature are now second to none and I would compare prices with any larger store in town.

Well done Valu market and thank you. I now don't have to drive half way across town to do my shopping.
Last edited by christopher stockton on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

by christopher stockton » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:05 am

That was obviously meant to be a reply to the food tasting thread sorry.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 am

christopher stockton wrote:That was obviously meant to be a reply to the food tasting thread sorry.

No problem, Chris. Unfortunately, the forum software allows me to break a thread into parts, but it doesn't have a procedure to "glue" two threads together. Valu's excellent policy sounds worth knowing about, though, and while you didn't mention it, it also has the happy side effect of making it more easy to discreetly guard against gluttons scarfing down the whole bowl.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

by christopher stockton » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks Robin.

You're right about the added benefit, however the staff seem more than happy to take care of the small crowd of locals that seem to spend the entire day grazing and never miss a demo day.

One more thing.. the managers at Valu Market are open to any suggestions on products that they carry. I asked just once if they would be willing to stock my favorite English biscuits (cookies) and the next week they were on the shelves. Now thats what I call service.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 am

christopher stockton wrote:Now thats what I call service.

Valu really is an excellent company, and I like the way they tailor each of their stores to be a good fit with its neighborhood. The South End store is amazing!
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

delicious international treats

by SheilaB » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:08 pm

I just want to chime on how great Valu Market is these days. I went in last night for some fruit, when lo and behold there were some Japanese sweet bean rice cakes treats next to the sushi. Yum!

The international food selection is eclectic and wonderful. One of these days I'm going to go in and just buy a bunch of random things I've never tried.