Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Park Place Changes - FYI

no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Park Place Changes - FYI

by Vince Yustas » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:01 pm

I just got an email from Jay Denham, the executive chef at Park Place (the web site still shows Anoosh). They apparently got my address from opentable.com.

It includes the following:

Dear Foodlover,
As we wind down on the summer months, Park Place on Main is getting ready for a fast paced fall. This month we are getting a whole new look, breaking out the steins to toast St. Hildegard and celebrating the success of our all Kentucky farm dinner.

Changing our feel, but not our food...
Park Place on Main is getting a makeover this fall. Our friends at Rowland Design are helping us create a fresh, new look to complement the cuisine. That means there will be no dinner service from Saturday, September 22 through Tuesday, October 9. We are so excited to show you the final product next month, but until then, Browning's is keeping regular hours, so don't be a stranger!
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:59 am

I like the prospects for Park Place and Browning's now that there seems to be a renewed interest in the beer they brew on site.

I've talked to Brian several times lately, and wish him the best in raising the beer profile at a ballpark brewery that Bats management evidently regards as a ghetto unworthy of its attention.*

I sincerely believe that Brian currently is brewing some of the best beer in town.

It sure ain't Budweiser. Thank heavens for that.

---

* That's right. I tweak the Philistines every chance I get.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana