Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Bill R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:02 am

Middletown

Re: Would you eat Sushi with a "C" Rating in the w

by Bill R » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:24 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Shannon Williams wrote:A "C" is not as scary as you might think. What it usually means is that they are being punished for a "critical violation," but they get a chance to reverse it after a week or two.

Why do they call them "critical violations" ? :lol:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Would you eat Sushi with a "C" Rating in the w

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Bill R wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:A "C" is not as scary as you might think. What it usually means is that they are being punished for a "critical violation," but they get a chance to reverse it after a week or two.

Why do they call them "critical violations" ? :lol:

No question, they're serious. But it's typical of check-list regulations: Rat poison in a blue box next to the salt is the same as Windex left on the food prep counter. Washing dishes in cold water is the same as having the dishwasher broken down while the manager runs out to get a part.

The point is that the kind of "critical violation" that can be and is corrected on the spot STILL earns a (short-term) C. If the restaurant's past ratings have been consistently high, and if the C disappears promptly, I wouldn't worry about it.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 pm

I eat/ get take out from Fuji around once a week, and have been since they opened. It always appears spotless and the staff seems to pay attention to all details. I am assuming the violation,although listed as critical, doesn't have to do with cleanliness or temperature of their raw fish. I will ask about it next time I go.
no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Drove by Fuji this morning. A bright, shiny "A" is in the window again. It's amazing what that little letter can do for my sushi cravings.

It's just the "C" is in that ugly red color...it scares me.
Previous