Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeremy Rathfon

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Four new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Jeremy Rathfon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Oh p.s. David: I had to work during the last meeting, but I plan to make the LCBW meetings in the future. Thanks!

Also, I'll be at the Louisville Beerfest July 1rst, brewing a batch with Paul from My Old Kentucky Homebrew, I'll have my banner setup at a table, so I'll be hard to miss.
Jeremy M. Rathfon, Ph.D.
LouBrew, LLC
loubrew.com
jeremy@loubrew.com
502-438-8ALE
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Jeremy Rathfon wrote:Oh p.s. David: I had to work during the last meeting, but I plan to make the LCBW meetings in the future. Thanks!

Also, I'll be at the Louisville Beerfest July 1rst, brewing a batch with Paul from My Old Kentucky Homebrew, I'll have my banner setup at a table, so I'll be hard to miss.

Welcome to the forum Jeremy. The next LCBW meeting is 28 June, 16:45, KY Ale office 1201 Story. I'll see you at the fest otherwise.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Jeremy Rathfon wrote:Oh p.s. David: I had to work during the last meeting, but I plan to make the LCBW meetings in the future. Thanks!

I pledged you some cash through kickstart and tried to buy a shirt or something. Any idea of when the schwag store will be up?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:Charlie's at sixth & main was the first.

That may have been when we were away in exile in NYC. 8) The Silo is the first one I was aware of after I got back ... I did a story about it for something. Louisville Magazine?

Exactly Robin. You moved right after those first couple homebrew gatherings at Charlie's. You attended at least the first meeting of what is now LAGERS.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:22 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:Exactly Robin. You moved right after those first couple homebrew gatherings at Charlie's. You attended at least the first meeting of what is now LAGERS.

I like to think that I had an Al Gore role in LAGERS. :lol: Didn't I call for a meeting in my SCENE cover story about home brewing? Or am I just making that up?
no avatar
User

Jeremy Rathfon

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Jeremy Rathfon » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm

JustinHammond wrote:

I pledged you some cash through kickstart and tried to buy a shirt or something. Any idea of when the schwag store will be up?

Hey Justin, Awesome! Thanks for the pledge! Please help spread the word! Sorry for my overuse of exclamation marks!!

I'll be getting the incentives for pledging (shirts, mugs, stickers, event invites) out right after the Kickstarter ends (remember, no money changes hands unless we make our goal, and the Kickstarter deadline passes, we'll need the capital to make the big schwag orders). In the next few weeks though I'll be getting some promotional items printed (stickers, t-shirts, mugs) to help with the initial campaign. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as that happens and I'll post up the Google store on my website.

Thanks!

Dave: I'll be sure to be there.
Jeremy M. Rathfon, Ph.D.
LouBrew, LLC
loubrew.com
jeremy@loubrew.com
502-438-8ALE
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Jeremy Rathfon wrote: In the next few weeks though I'll be getting some promotional items printed (stickers, t-shirts, mugs) to help with the initial campaign. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as that happens and I'll post up the Google store on my website.

Please do. I love the logo of the hop cone/ fleur-de-lis.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:Exactly Robin. You moved right after those first couple homebrew gatherings at Charlie's. You attended at least the first meeting of what is now LAGERS.

I like to think that I had an Al Gore role in LAGERS. :lol: Didn't I call for a meeting in my SCENE cover story about home brewing? Or am I just making that up?

You remember correctly. I may even have the original clipping.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Jeremy Rathfon wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:

Hey Justin, Awesome! Thanks for the pledge! Please help spread the word! Sorry for my overuse of exclamation marks!!

I'll be getting the incentives for pledging (shirts, mugs, stickers, event invites) out right after the Kickstarter ends (remember, no money changes hands unless we make our goal, and the Kickstarter deadline passes, we'll need the capital to make the big schwag orders). In the next few weeks though I'll be getting some promotional items printed (stickers, t-shirts, mugs) to help with the initial campaign. I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as that happens and I'll post up the Google store on my website.

Thanks!

Dave: I'll be sure to be there.

I've been contemplating how we might stage a fund-raiser for LouBrew ever since your kick starter opened. I haven't come to any brilliant idea yet. Maybe the good folks in HotBytes land can through out some ideas.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
no avatar
User

Jeremy Rathfon

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Jeremy Rathfon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey David,

Sorry I missed your post. I would absolutely love to figure out a fund-raiser idea, it's a bit tough though without a brewer's license. A contract brew could work, but not likely within the 3 weeks left of the kickstarter, that's an idea I missed when I started the kickstarter (that and my limited startup capital, the kickstarter being it!). Maybe just some sort of meet and greet? Just having attended the LAGERS meeting, I have seen some great support, getting the idea out and having people see the person behind the idea helps a lot.

I'll shoot you a message.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy M. Rathfon, Ph.D.
LouBrew, LLC
loubrew.com
jeremy@loubrew.com
502-438-8ALE
no avatar
User

Adam Watson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:40 am

by Adam Watson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:32 pm

I just got a forum account up and ready to post, and I thought I'd find an appropriate thread to say hello, so hello!

It's great to see so much buzz around all the great things happening in the Louisville beer scene right now. Thanks to the fans for all the support, thanks to the current players for inspiration, and thanks to the upcoming players for the hard work. This is a great place to be and a great time to be here.

Follow AtG's progress at our Facebook page here.
Adam Watson
Managing Member, Against the Grain
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Welcome Adam. We are being gentle with the Gargantuan until you need him.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
no avatar
User

Adam Watson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:40 am

by Adam Watson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:Welcome Adam. We are being gentle with the Gargantuan until you need him.

He's fragile, that one.
Adam Watson
Managing Member, Against the Grain
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Adam Watson wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:Welcome Adam. We are being gentle with the Gargantuan until you need him.

He's fragile, that one.

Like an orchid.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Louisville may be getting another brewery. According to a legal ad in today's C-J, a business called Apocalypse is applying for a microbrewery/retail beer license to operate at 1612 Mellwood Ave. (I believe that's the block just east of I-64). The ad says the people involved are Leah A. Dienes, Paul C. Grignon and William L. Krauth.
PreviousNext