Welcome to the interactive Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Four new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by David R. Pierce » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 pm

There is a new and welcomed addition coming to the Louisville craft brewing scene, Against the Grain Brewing. Check them out on FaceBook: Against the Grain

I'm told a location has been secured and the arduous federal paperwork process has commenced. I suspect the key players will pop in here when they can.

Also:
LouBrew, a Germantown nanobrewery is in the planning stages: LouBrew on FaceBook
LouBrew has a Kickstarter here: KickStart LouBrew
Support our local brewers!

Edit: changed title to reflect thread content
Last edited by David R. Pierce on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Posts

17177

Joined

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Location

Crescent Hill

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Yay! "Liked" 'em both.

Do encourage 'em to check in here too, though ... easy way to catch a lot of beer geeks in a single net.
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by David R. Pierce » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Yay! "Liked" 'em both.

Do encourage 'em to check in here too, though ... easy way to catch a lot of beer geeks in a single net.

I cross posted to both their FB pages to help drag them over. I see the AtG guys a bit so I'll do some arm twisting.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:24 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:There is a new and welcomed addition coming to the Louisville craft brewing scene, Against the Grain Brewing. Check them out on FaceBook: Against the Grain

I'm told a location has been secured and the arduous federal paperwork process has commenced. I suspect the key players will pop in here when they can.

Also:
LouBrew, a Germantown nanobrewery is in the planning stages: LouBrew on FaceBook
LouBrew has a Kickstarter here: KickStart LouBrew
Support our local brewers!


Good time as any to announce, make that three. I was planning to announce on July 1.

Dave - if you would like to PM me, Ive been meaning to contact you and Roger.
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by David R. Pierce » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Awesome news Rob! Time frame?
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 am

David R. Pierce wrote:Awesome news Rob! Time frame?


Before 2011 ends, but its gonna be tight. Had a meeting on Thursday that advanced funding significantly, looks like that is in very good shape. I have 3 locations Im considering, I hope to have that wrapped up real soon, and then its paperwork, build out, and equipment delivery timing.
no avatar
User

Mark Allgeier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

61

Joined

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Mark Allgeier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:19 am

Great News!! The revitalization of Louisville as a Brewery town is what we are all working for.- Dave, these guys should attend the next LCBW mtg. for a meet and greet.

Welcome to the Jungle,

Mark
Cumberland Brews
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by David R. Pierce » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:27 am

Mark Allgeier wrote:Great News!! The revitalization of Louisville as a Brewery town is what we are all working for.- Dave, these guys should attend the next LCBW mtg. for a meet and greet.

Welcome to the Jungle,

Mark
Cumberland Brews

Indeed Mark. With the exception of Rob, the others were invited to the last meeting.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Mark Allgeier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

61

Joined

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Mark Allgeier » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 am

Oh, make it 4. Check out Steve Coomes insider Louisville.
User avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1802

Joined

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Location

New Albany

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:20 am

My only comment: THE MORE, THE MERRIER!
Roger A. Baylor
New Albanian Brewing Company &
NABC Bank Street Brewhouse
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:12 am

David R. Pierce wrote:
Mark Allgeier wrote:Great News!! The revitalization of Louisville as a Brewery town is what we are all working for.- Dave, these guys should attend the next LCBW mtg. for a meet and greet.

Welcome to the Jungle,

Mark
Cumberland Brews

Indeed Mark. With the exception of Rob, the others were invited to the last meeting.


Thats what I get for operating in stealth mode too long. I was kind of holding off until I knew things were actually going forward.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:My only comment: THE MORE, THE MERRIER!


Agreed. Louisville could easily support over a 100 more breweries/brewpubs. With only 1 minor requirement...we would need Budweiser to disappear entirely. :D
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 am

Mark Allgeier wrote:Oh, make it 4. Check out Steve Coomes insider Louisville.


Without looking it back up, I thought that was LouBrew.

Edit: nevermind - I was thinking of a different article.
Last edited by Rob Coffey on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1802

Joined

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Location

New Albany

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 am

Rob Coffey wrote:Agreed. Louisville could easily support over a 100 more breweries/brewpubs. With only 1 minor requirement...we would need Budweiser to disappear entirely. :D


Echoing the Gipper: "I've just signed legislation outlawing AB Inbev forever. The mandatory divestment begins immediately."

Now I just need to get elected president.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albanian Brewing Company &
NABC Bank Street Brewhouse
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

600

Joined

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Two new breweries opening soon in Louisville!

by Rob Coffey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:
Rob Coffey wrote:Agreed. Louisville could easily support over a 100 more breweries/brewpubs. With only 1 minor requirement...we would need Budweiser to disappear entirely. :D


Echoing the Gipper: "I've just signed legislation outlawing AB Inbev forever. The mandatory divestment begins immediately."

Now I just need to get elected president.


We dont need a law, just people to drink local.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marsha L. and 8 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign