Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

re: passe dish!

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:46 am

Yes, I had to write them. Tattoo on her butt? Size of her cosmetic surgery?Someone who wants to "move real bad" What absurd drivel. Who wrote this, an eight year old? I'm writing to the CJ.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:03 pm

i found the 'share yourself' photo section to be the only halfway compelling/effective element of this ad campaign.

...Humility/empathy tend to go farther than inane humor and bad comparison.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:08 pm

red7e is behind all this?

and here I thought they had standards.

so much for those guys being one of the classier agencies in town.
no avatar
User

Barb Freda

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Weston, FL

by Barb Freda » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:41 pm

Never got the red7...whatever...I had someone "cool" try to explain it to oh=so=not-cool me once.

And I still didn't get it. Apparently they got someone at CVB (Is that who is sponsoring the ads?) to believe the company really IS cool...

Chop suey? Chop suey?!?!?!?
no avatar
User

Sonja W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:00 pm

ads

by Sonja W » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:57 am

Does anyone have a link to these ads? I'd like to see them for myself.

According to this thread, the campaign is a misfire. But from what I've seen of other red7e work, they are pushing the envelope, and I applaud them for that.

And what's wrong with the name "red7e", for Pete's sake? "Back when I was young, we named our ad agencies by the books of the Bible. That's the way it was and we LIKED it!"
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07 am

Here you go, Sonja.

http://www.sharelouisville.org

red7e is as good as blue4u or bettyrubble3 or 99luftballoons...........
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:18 am

I told them I thought the ads were absurd drivel and not at all how our city should be portaryed. I noticed there was a letter to the editor in the CJ today as well, lol.
Here's their response: (share the pride??? I think NOT)
Linda:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. The “Share Louisville” campaign is designed with some tongue-in-cheek humor to get people talking and emailing each other, and to inspire the pride that so many Louisvillians have about what’s possible in this city. However, we realize they may not appeal to everyone and we will take your comments into consideration when developing future creative approaches.

The good news is that the ads have definitely gotten people talking – sparking conversation and driving traffic to the http://www.ShareLouisville.org website, where visitors can view the ads, share them with friends, buy a t-shirt and sign up to help spread the word about Louisville by becoming a “Friend of Lou.”

We hope that, if you haven’t already, you’ll sign up as a “Friend of Lou.” You're going want to know what “Lou” could possibly say next.

Sincerely,
The Greater Louisville Community Branding Project Team
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:24 am

See, I think I have an as good or even better sense of humor than the next guy. These just fall short of coming across as humorous. I know, I know, any publicity is good publicity....I still think these ads are an embarrassment. Tongue-in-cheek or not, they make Louisvillians look like @holes.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Denigrating other cities is not a positive message for a friendly place, nor a good marketing ploy to attract people from the named cities (eg. Boston, Los Angeles, etc). How does insulting other places (IE people in LA only care about your bra size) make someone want to come here?

Business First is conducting a poll right now on-line on the campaign: you can go to

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/poll/index.html?poll_id=4173&ana=e_du

to register your comments.

Deb
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:49 pm

See I thought maybe I was too old to get it, but my teenage son and stepsons think it's stupid as well. Who is their targret demographic?
Previous