Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:57 am

Ron Johnson wrote:My last meal at Yang Kee was notably worse than previous visits. I think the place has gone downhill a bit. My pad thai was overcooked, mushy noodles swimming in a gloppy sweet sauce.

Yuk! We went to both Yang Kee and I Ching for a short Voice-Tribune review back in June or July, and at that point, Yang Kee did well. It's been a favorite. I'd sure hate to see it go downhill.

It’s fast … it’s casual … it’s Asian!
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:01 am

There have been a couple times when things were off at Yang Kee for us over the past couple years (once when the Firecracker Chicken was practically soupy, that was the worst) but they are usually fine the next visit. It's only been maybe 3 times they were off: the other couple dozen instances were free of problems. I've always just chalked it up to a bad day. Last time was only two weeks ago and it was just fine then.

I was just talking to a friend of mine at work who is chinese and lives in Lexington. He says he's been to I Ching there and thought it was 'ok'... he actually prefers the chinese fast food joints to I Ching.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:25 pm

I wish we would get a Nothing But Noodles here in town. I ate at one someplace in Ohio (Dayton or Columbus?) and it was fabulous. Yum!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:34 pm

I was at Yang Kee about 2 weeks ago, and everything was delicious, as usual.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
Previous