Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

CJ reports from Shah's Mongolian Grill

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ reports from Shah's Mongolian Grill

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:05 am

Marty is allowed a near-record 771 words to tell the tale of Shah's Mongolian Grill this week, and the Scene editors managed to fit all this and a good-size pictures as well into the Saturday review space. It's an entirely positive review, enough so that it reads a bit more like 3 stars than the 2 1/2 awarded. My only quibble, a small one, has to do with his assertion that "Asian" buffets rank among "the worst culinary innovation[s] of our time." I would agree if he had said "Chinese" buffets based on the ubiquitous, mass-market product that has proliferated around town, but when he broadens the field to take in the well-handled Thai, Filipino and Indian buffets, I think he misses the mark. I also thought it was interesting to see a photo of a Mongolian chef named Ricardo Melendez, although no more so than to have guys of Irish heritage cooking some of the city's top Italian. :)

[url=http://cityguide.courier-journal.com/fe/RestaurantReviews/Profile.asp?businessid=47434]A hot show
Shah's cooks up your choice of ingredients[/url]

<B>Shah's Mongolian Grill & Korean Cuisine</B>
9148 Taylorsville Road.
(502) 493-0234
http://www.shahsmongoliangrill.com./
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:19 am

Strange... we go there a lot and I've never seen the cooks wearing those hats. Usually they just wear modern baseball/trucker hats. We were there just last friday in fact.
no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:39 pm

We went to Shah's for the first time since it was called 2 Hahn's on Mother's Day, because Ditto's wuld only have their buffet, and it was more than we wanted to pay.

Shah's is pretty good, but I like the B.D.s I've been to in Lexington, Indy, and Columbus better.

I still miss the good economical Mongolian/Chinese buffets in Terre Haute.
Have you hugged your penguin today?