Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

late-night nosh

no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:If you don't do wasted, you probably wouldn't do the womb from the tomb at Twig & Leaf in the wee hours either. They kind of go hand in hand.

Well but now I'm intrigued. Say more....
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm

C. Devlin wrote:[And gad, I really do know how to spell "Ramsi's."]

Now, you weren't wasted when you typed it, were you? :roll:
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm

Nearly blind, but at least not "blind drunk."

But seriously, the typeface on this forum is so tiny I could really use a magnifying glass. I have to get about 12 inches from the screen to read.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:21 pm

C. Devlin wrote:Nearly blind, but at least not "blind drunk."

But seriously, the typeface on this forum is so tiny I could really use a magnifying glass. I have to get about 12 inches from the screen to read.

???

What browser are you using, C? The type looks about the same as other Web pages to me. Also, do you know you can tweak your browser to increase (or decrease) type size if you want to?
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Yes, I've changed my browser setting already, but for some reason nothing here ever changes. I'm not sure why that is. It's the same for my hotmail account and a particular sort of forum format. It doesn't seem to matter how I change my browser settings for font size, some sites seem stuck on one font no matter what I do.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:14 pm

C. Devlin wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:If you don't do wasted, you probably wouldn't do the womb from the tomb at Twig & Leaf in the wee hours either. They kind of go hand in hand.

well, my recollection is hazy, but it involved a big sloppy chesseburger covered with chili, cheese, onions and other stuff that I regret eating.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:06 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
C. Devlin wrote:

well, my recollection is hazy, but it involved a big sloppy chesseburger covered with chili, cheese, onions and other stuff that I regret eating.

Hm. Well, that sounds like something my husband would go for and then regret eating as well. And probably again and again.

I'll stick with sliders.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:48 am

C. Devlin wrote:Yes, I've changed my browser setting already, but for some reason nothing here ever changes. I'm not sure why that is. It's the same for my hotmail account and a particular sort of forum format. It doesn't seem to matter how I change my browser settings for font size, some sites seem stuck on one font no matter what I do.

Colleen:

if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel...

hold down the 'Ctrl' button on your keyboard,
and scroll the wheel up and down.

bingo! smaller or larger font in an instant.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Ethan, I do have a mouse with a wheelie thingie, but even that didn't work. I've tried everything that should work. Nothing does. I'm flummoxed.

edited to note: the size of the font here changes, but only in the most infinitesimal way. On other sites, it changes the way it should, from small to middlin to huge. Here, and on other, similar forums, the size changes in such a tiny tiny way you can barely even see it change as it changes.... So, dunno. It's peculiar.
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Switch to Firefox instead of Internet Explorer? Every odd behaviour I've ever experienced out of IE has been non-existant in Firefox. I only use IE now when the site requires it. Or when I'm at work where they let you change nothing on your PC....

Can't hurt to try. It's free and will import all your bookmarks etc from IE when you install. Very painless to switch, and just all around a better idea.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 pm

I suspect that might do it, Aaron. Thanks for the suggestion.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Aaron Newton wrote:Switch to Firefox instead of Internet Explorer? Every odd behaviour I've ever experienced out of IE has been non-existant in Firefox. I only use IE now when the site requires it. Or when I'm at work where they let you change nothing on your PC....

Can't hurt to try. It's free and will import all your bookmarks etc from IE when you install. Very painless to switch, and just all around a better idea.

i second this motion.
Firefox is 100% stable compared to IE.
and hell, if firefox does crash, it 'restores your session' just like it never did.
(even if you're mid typing something... it recovers it.)
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
Previous