Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Luna Mercato

User

Ashley D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Louisville

Luna Mercato

by Ashley D » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:09 pm

I ran in to my friend Ed Vaughn, the owner of Luna Mercato. He gave me an update, and I thought I would pass along the fun news.

They have expanded on their line of spreads to include bread, crackers, and cinnamon rolls.

This weekend they will premiere their new products at the Chenoweth Lane Paul's Fruit Market. Among them, wheat bread, challah loaf, rye, and 6-grain. He made a point to mention that they are not trying to compete with Blue Dog...the breads will be more geared to a sandwich bread type.

There will also be six types of cinnamon rolls.
I know what I'm having for breakfast on Saturday! ;)
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:10 pm

That's a good move for them. Also smart not to compete with Blue Dog. Doing so is futile and an exercise in hubris, like flying too close to the sun.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm

Here Here Ron!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:55 pm

OMG yum! As if I didn't already have enough of a problem with their smoked gouda & pecan spread. Great!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

Luna Mercato

by Amy Hoover » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:24 pm

I've been working with Luna Mercato part time lately and I have to tell you, those cinnnamon rolls are DELICIOUS. The honey wheat bread is really good to. They are also producing a line of breadsticks, which go really well with their spreads and on their own.

In case people don't know, Luna Mercato sells spreads, pesto, aioli, salad dressings, and delicious frozen hors d'oeuvres at local gourmet grocery stores and most of the liquor stores in town too. They also do all of the prepared foods for Rainbow Blossom. They are a local owned company (a really nice couple), who does all the production, packaging, etc themselves, right over on Wallace Avenue is St Matthews.