Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good Eats at Gaslight Festival?

no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Good Eats at Gaslight Festival?

by TanyaD » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:45 am

I'm going to the Gaslight Festival tomorrow and wondered if there are any stand-out places to get some grub. When I went last year (first time), I had the buffet at Ferd's, and didn't think it was very spectacular. Any other suggestions?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Good Eats at Gaslight Festival?

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:07 am

TanyaD wrote:I'm going to the Gaslight Festival tomorrow and wondered if there are any stand-out places to get some grub. When I went last year (first time), I had the buffet at Ferd's, and didn't think it was very spectacular. Any other suggestions?

Hero's Pizza! Best NYC-style pizza (and pizzeria) in the city - I think it surpasses Luigi's. Right on the town square, in an old building on the north side of Watterson Trail just a few doors north of Taylorsville Road.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Thanks

by TanyaD » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:30 am

Oooh, thanks, Robin! I had totally forgotten about Hero's and am dying to try them!
no avatar
User

Sara Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Jeffersontown

Hero's at Gaslight

by Sara Boyle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Hey Tanya,

Hope you enjoyed Gaslight. Did you ever get into Hero's?? Luv the Pizza & Chicken Strip Salad. Yum
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Yup!

by TanyaD » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:26 pm

We went to Hero's--they had a tent set up in back and were only selling pizza by the slice, but, oh, was it great!! I can't wait to go back and get a white pizza! We had a great time at the Festival!
no avatar
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:52 pm

We also went and had the pizza by the slice from the tent at Hero's...you HAVE to go back. It was good at the Fest, but it wasn't even close to how it normally tastes. And make sure you try the homeade garlic knots. They melt in your mouth.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Website

by TanyaD » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:46 am

BTW, it's hard to find in a search (it's embedded in a pizza review website), but Hero's website is:

http://www.herospizzapub.com/