Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

News about Volare

no avatar
User

Michelle Manker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:41 pm

News about Volare

by Michelle Manker » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:25 am

Chef Dallas McGarity has resigned his position as Executive Chef at Volare Ristorante. His last day of work was Thursday, September 13. I thought Robin and some of the other forumites who have been very loyal fans of his would want to know. We will all miss his food!!
Last edited by Michelle Manker on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: News about Volare

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:56 am

Michelle Manker wrote:Chef Dallas McGarity has resigned his position as Executive Chef at Volare Ristorante effective Wednesday, September 26. I thought Robin and some of the other forumites who have been very loyal fans of his would want to know.

Thanks for the news, Michelle. That's a real surprise! Dallas had made his personal style a big part of Volare's success, and he's leaving very big shoes to fill over there. Is Josh staying, do you know? Any hints about Dallas's plans? Any back story?

As you say, a lot of the forumites have been very impressed with his cooking - and that doesn't exclude the folks at James Beard House.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am

This is shocking.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:35 am

Sad Loss, Dallas is great!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Majid

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:52 pm

louisville

by Majid » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:53 pm

I have had the privilege of working with two of Louisville's most talented chefs and would like to say that Chef Dallas's presence will be greatly missed. I am happy to say, however, that Chef Josh Moore will be staying with us and will continue the Volare tradition of providing excellent food. I, along with the rest of the Volare family, wish Dallas success in his new endeavor; becoming the executive chef at one of the most prestigious local country clubs.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

volare

by Paula B » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:05 pm

I am sad to hear that Dallas is leaving, but I sure that the great service and food will continue without missing a beat. Volare is one of the best in our area, and it takes more than one person to make that happen.

Can't wait for my next meal at one of our favorite places. :)
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:12 pm

With Majid out front and Chef Moore in the back I am sure that the place won't miss a beat.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Dallas

by Heather Y » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:24 pm

I would just like to share my condolences with Gayle. Hang in there Gayle, in won't be so bad!!! We still have Josh!!!
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Thank you, Heather! :D
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Majid wrote:I have had the privilege of working with two of Louisville's most talented chefs and would like to say that Chef Dallas's presence will be greatly missed. I am happy to say, however, that Chef Josh Moore will be staying with us and will continue the Volare tradition of providing excellent food. I, along with the rest of the Volare family, wish Dallas success in his new endeavor; becoming the executive chef at one of the most prestigious local country clubs.

Been meaning to contact you and tell you what a great dinner you put on at Saffron on Monday. Although having met your daughter a few times, I had never heard her sing. Fantastic. I only wished she had come and "worked the room" a bit.

You really should put that duck on your menu, at least as a special.

=========

I am sure a number of people on this forum do not know who Magid is.
He is the managing partner (???) of Volare and the owner of Saffron.

This past Monday, Saffron had a dinner that included singing by his daughter. A very talented, attractive, and mature young lady. Seventeen years old, I believe. Food and service was great, as always.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:30 pm

Majid wrote:I have had the privilege of working with two of Louisville's most talented chefs and would like to say that Chef Dallas's presence will be greatly missed. I am happy to say, however, that Chef Josh Moore will be staying with us and will continue the Volare tradition of providing excellent food. I, along with the rest of the Volare family, wish Dallas success in his new endeavor; becoming the executive chef at one of the most prestigious local country clubs.

Majid, thanks very much for sharing the details. I know everyone is delighted to know that Josh is staying on and that things will surely continue on an even keel.

Best wishes to Dallas in his next venture, too.

Welcome to active status in the forum, too! Now that you've broken the ice, I hope you won't be a stranger here.
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:52 pm

What Country Club is he going to?
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:06 pm

Been meaning to contact you and tell you what a great dinner you put on at Saffron on Monday. Although having met your daughter a few times, I had never heard her sing. Fantastic. I only wished she had come and "worked the room" a bit.

Yes, the Monday evening dinner at Saffron's was exceptional: the special hors'dourves, the lamb, the salmon, the rose water/pistachio ice cream, the great musical stylings of Majid's daughter, and, above all, Majid, beaming with fatherly pride from ear to ear. I will cherish the memory of that evening for a long, long time.
no avatar
User

Hilary N.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm

by Hilary N. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Anyone know what club he's going to?
no avatar
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }