Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Corbett's will be awesome

by TP Lowe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:42 am

David Lange wrote: And if you have enjoyed the ambiance and food quality of Equus and Jack's then you'll appreciate the quality that is going into Corbett's.

I think Dean's cooking is among the best in the city - no doubt about it. But ambience? I think Equus is about the worst of the top-end restaurants in town. I look forward to enjoying Dean's food in a room with natural light (nice windows I hope), cozy corners and street-front presence.
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Business First ariticle

by Doug W » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 am

There's another article about Dean's new place in today's Business First. It goes in to a little more depth. Sounds like it will be quite the place. I can't wait to try it!

Regards,

Doug W.
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

Can't Wait!

by Melissa Richards-Person » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Finally! Great dining that isn't chain-y 3 exits from our house! We love Eqqus and Jack's, but are sad that it's not closer. Limestone is great, but takes 20 minutes just because there are no direct routes. This is heaven-sent, because although we live in the 'Burbs, we are NOT chain people - so the Chilis, OG, Red Robin and the like have been no big whoop to us.

Friday nights seem to find us most at Mitchell's Fish Market, which - while a chain, does feature high-quality seafood in a comfortable atmosphere, and is the aforementioned 3 exits up, which means less than 10 mins. Sorry to put a premium on time, but on Fridays when hubby and I are drained from the week, it's just nice to stick close to home, but not have to cook the meal, and yet eat well.....
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Can't Wait!

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:23 pm

I can hardly wait, either. I am less than 3 miles east of the place, so I get the pleasure of watching the transformation of the old farmhouse into a really nice upscale dining establishment. Stuff like this is really cool to follow, especially when it's in my neck of the woods.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Corbett's.

by Doogy R » Tue May 01, 2007 7:16 pm

I drove by the place yesterday and it looks the same as it did a while back. Does anyone know the timetable for the it? By the way, the little stone building I mentioned in a previous post turned out to be a neat old springhouse. It's cool to know some still exist around here.
Last edited by Doogy R on Wed May 02, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Corbett's.

by Jay M. » Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Doogy R wrote:... By the way, the little stone building I mentioned in a previous post tuned out to be a neat old springhouse. It's cool to know some still exist around here.

Doogy, there's an old stone springhouse that sits in front of the former Dillons on Hurstbourne Parkway. That area has come a long way since that springhouse was in use!
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue May 01, 2007 8:50 pm

August I think. We were at Costco yesterday and it looked like new windows had just been put in. Or did that happen a while ago? We don't get out that way very often.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Tue May 01, 2007 9:28 pm

I've heard August as well.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Corbett's.

by Doogy R » Tue May 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Doogy R wrote:... By the way, the little stone building I mentioned in a previous post tuned out to be a neat old springhouse. It's cool to know some still exist around here.

Doogy, there's an old stone springhouse that sits in front of the former Dillons on Hurstbourne Parkway. That area has come a long way since that springhouse was in use!

There is a spring flowing from the springhouse at Corbett's, and I also believe from the old Dillon's place as well. Thanks for refreshing my almost (I turn 49 Thursday) AARP memory.
Previous