Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Dean Corbett of Equus likes Old Brownsboro Crossing.

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:01 pm

"The location is absolutely terrific," Corbett said. "The growth out there is enormous. It's dynamite. There's nothing about that location to dislike."

Full story at this link.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /-1/ZONE04
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Dean Corbett of Equus likes Old Brownsboro Crossing.

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:18 pm

Doogy R wrote:"The location is absolutely terrific," Corbett said. "The growth out there is enormous. It's dynamite. There's nothing about that location to dislike."

It's interesting, and hopeful, to see a quality local independent going into a mega-complex in the suburbs. Dean's new venture joins Limestone and Z's among the very few such in the metro, at least at the upscale level. I hope he thrives, and wouldn't bet against him.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I hope he thrives, and wouldn't bet against him.

Check out the demographics of the area. And that doesn't even take into account the explosive growth the area will see in the next 5-10 years.

http://www.oldbrownsborocrossing.com/siteplan.htm
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Doogy R wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I hope he thrives, and wouldn't bet against him.

Check out the demographics of the area. And that doesn't even take into account the explosive growth the area will see in the next 5-10 years.

http://www.oldbrownsborocrossing.com/siteplan.htm

Of course the demographics look good, but I'm simply pointing out that, by and large, the 'burbs are chain country. It's interesting to see a local indie making a major investment there, and too bad that the CJ didn't take note of that and dig into it a little.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:41 pm

I think Mr. Corbett is a very savvy businessman. Looking at those demographics and the location he picked puts him square in the catbird seat. 8)
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Don't mess with Deano.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:17 pm

And mostly off topic, but playing off the "explosive growth" comment, I've got a condo for sale in that general area that's not moving . . .
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Where is the condo, Leah? Heck, if we can move mechanics and churches then why not a condo? Just put the word on the Hotbytes street. :wink:
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:09 pm

2 BD, 2 BA in Worthington Glen. Actually belongs to SIL, but it's not moving and it should. New carpet, new paint. Looks brand new. Does not come with a garage, which seems to be the problem. Price has been dropped a couple of times. The kids can't continue to own two houses . . .
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Condo.

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:15 pm

Leah s wrote:2 BD, 2 BA in Worthington Glen. Actually belongs to SIL, but it's not moving and it should. New carpet, new paint. Looks brand new. Does not come with a garage, which seems to be the problem. Price has been dropped a couple of times. The kids can't continue to own two houses . . .

Leah, I own a house just down 22 from Worthington Glen and rent my condo over at Windsor Gate. The same developer built both complexes and they are quite similar indeed. If they aren't afraid to try the rental thing, maybe that would be a good suggestion. I've been renting mine for over 2 years now. If you have any questions, just PM me.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks Doogy, but they already tried the rental thing and it ended with the Sheriffs evicting a renter. Clothes, stereo, everything piled outside by the road. It was u-gly! They're gun shy now.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Back to Dean Corbett of Equus likes Old Brownsboro Crossing.

by Doogy R » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 pm

I drove by the old farmhouse this stormy evening and found a dumpster and a port-a-potty on the property. There was also a sign indicating that renovation was indeed under way. If you desire to visit the house, go to Old Brownsboro Crossing and look for the gigantic edifice they call Costco. The farmhouse is just south of that monstrosity. Fortunately they've left some trees, but otherwise the landscape in the area is mostly sterile.

By the way, I also drove down a new looking road to the east of the house that leads to an MSD pumping station and found some old stone structure sitting in a forested area. Even though it's surrounded by a fence, I am going to check it out as soon as the weather allows. I am sure it holds some historical significance for my part of the Ville.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

Corbett's will be awesome

by David Lange » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:20 am

I had the privilige of having been given the "nickel tour" by Dean himself of his new restaurant this week. And if you have enjoyed the ambiance and food quality of Equus and Jack's then you'll appreciate the quality that is going into Corbett's.

Without spilling too many details, this will be a unique restaurant. Dean has taken great care in it's layout and construction, and it will be full of many exciting surprises.

Dean always has done everything first class and there is no exception to this project. Trust me when I say that there will be nothing like this restaurant in the Louisville area.

Good Luck Dean
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Dean is a wonderful person and I am positive his new place will be a success.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Corbett's

by Kim H » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 am

We love Chef Deano, and can't wait to try his newest venture, and LOVE that it's near our home!
Next