Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Big Momma's

no avatar
User

Jim Zoeller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Middletown

Big Momma's

by Jim Zoeller » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:21 pm

OK, who can tell me about Big Momma's? I've heard from an insider that its a great soul food shack in the west end of Louisville, but can't find anything on the web, other than a story from ABC News, of all places.
Jim Zoeller
no avatar
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Per the article: "Go down Broadway 'til it ends and you'll see Big Momma's on your left."

A little Google mapping provides:

Soul Kitchen
4532 W Broadway
Louisville, KY 40211
(502) 772-9580
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Big Momma's

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:32 pm

Jim Zoeller wrote:OK, who can tell me about Big Momma's? I've heard from an insider that its a great soul food shack in the west end of Louisville, but can't find anything on the web, other than a story from ABC News, of all places.

It's listed in Food & Dining with this brief mention in "Comings & Goings" in the Spring 2006 edition:

"<I>All-American dishes are the draw at ... <b>Big Mama's Soul Kitchen</b>, satisfying the soul with homemade soul food at the gates to Shawnee Park, 4532 W. Broadway.</i>"

The capsule review in the current issue reads:

<b>Big Mama's Soul Kitchen</b>, 4532 W. Broadway, 772-9580.
Open every weekday for lunch and dinner, Big Mama's may be the most hospitable place in the West End to get genuine soul food. A different main course is featured daily, all home-cooked food, including such goodies as baked chicken, smothered pork chops, meat loaf, catfish ... and fried chicken every day.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Big Momma's

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:44 am

Jim Zoeller wrote:a story from ABC News, of all places.

Here's a link to the story.