Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

cori c

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:17 pm

Bakeries/Dessert Shops Suggestions Needed

by cori c » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Howdy Louisville foodies!

My long-time honey and I just tied the knot and we are hosting a party for family and friends in December to celebrate. We are doing an afternoon cocktail type thing, so we wanted bite-size sweets to go along with the rest of it. Please shout out your favorites to help us narrow things down and turn us on to things we may not think of. I know there might be some free-lancers out there, and we might entertain that as well. We already have some of the usual suspects on our list, like sweet surrender and desserts by helen, to consider. We are wanting to keep it pretty simple and not too pricey. We love our friends, but we've got other things to spend money on too!

Thanks for your help.
Cori
no avatar
User

Jim Zoeller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Middletown

Re: Bakeries/Dessert Shops Suggestions Needed

by Jim Zoeller » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 pm

My wife is the bakery expert in this house, but I'll give it a try. Sweet Surrender can't be surpassed if you're looking for something on the pricey side. If you want to go a little cheaper, look into one of the Homeade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen locations. Cheaper still, but still yummy, try Jeff's Bakery in Jeffersonville, my wife raves about it.
Jim Zoeller
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:12 pm

I would recommend Adrienne & Co. in Jeffersonville. http://cakestoday.com/

In another lifetime, when I was married she and her mother did my wedding cake. I've also had several tasty desserts from her. I've always found them really reasonably priced too.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:44 am

No harm in trying I guess but I don't remember a cocktail party where
pastries were served. Sweets and Alcohol I don't know but what the heck.

Carpe Diem

Cheers and congrats! :D
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

K H Kramer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

by K H Kramer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Try the Sweet Tooth on Frankfort Ave. Their chocolate turtles are incredible!
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:42 pm

When I owned my catering company in NY we did quite a few dessert receptions when people were on a budget- or sometimes when they weren't. The parties usually had only champagne and non-alcoholic bevs. It looked more festive and was less costly.
Congratulations!!!